Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takayama to Nagoya (Travel Time Planning) 2020/1/29 15:56
Hi all,

I am planning to take 12.35pm reserved Nohi bus from Shirakawago on 11/2/2020 and the bus is estimated to reach Takayama bus station at 1.25pm. Would i be able to catch 1.29pm Limited Express Wide View Hida from Takayama to Nagoya? I have only 4 minutes to catch the limited express train. Thanks.
by cmgan  

Re: Takayama to Nagoya (Travel Time Planning) 2020/1/29 20:06
I think 4 min is stretching your luck. Yes, the bus station is close to the train station but you need to get off the bus, walk through people , pass the turnstiles (assuming you already have your ticket), get down to the tracks and jump on the train. All this assuming the bus is not 2 min in delay.

Isnft there a later train you could take and use the time to have lunch?
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takayama to Nagoya (Travel Time Planning) 2020/1/29 21:01
If it is OK to leave a bit later in the afternoon another option is to take the direct bus from Shirakawago to Nagoya.

http://www.gifubus.co.jp/global/en/highway/shirakawa/

by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Takayama to Nagoya (Travel Time Planning) 2020/1/30 08:17
No, not possible. Takes longer than four minutes. You might be waiting several minutes on the bus before you even set foot on the ground and if you have to collect luggage from the bus, the train will be gone.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread