Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can an 18 year old enter a bar and not drink? 2020/2/2 01:33
(Not referring to izakayas nor pubs, actual bars, not necessarily labeled as clubs, but bars)

So, Ifm 18. Ifm studying at a language school in Japan. Most of the people at my school are over 20 years of age and often go out to drink. I understand that I am not allowed to drink (and believe me, I donft plan on breaking the law), but, can I enter bars? (For example, at clubs, youfre asked for an ID upon entering, I want to know if bars do that too and if I can actually be there [legally]) I read on another thread that children can go to izakayas, no problem, but I know things arenft the same for actual bars (like western style). I want to become closer to my school mates, but Ifm not sure if Ifm allowed to just accompany them to the places that they go to.
by Appleepiie  

Re: Can an 18 year old enter a bar and not drink? 2020/2/2 14:11
Yes it's fine; no one is going to card you at a typical bar. Most bars won't serve you if you're wearing a high-school uniform, but that's about as far as it goes.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Can an 18 year old enter a bar and not drink? 2020/2/2 19:01
Oh, ok, thank you Umami Dearest :)
by Appleepiie rate this post as useful

Re: Can an 18 year old enter a bar and not drink? 2020/2/6 15:22
Oh, and I should have mentioned, when you go to a bar you should at least order one soft drink - it's a bit rude to take up space without ordering anything.

Otherwise, have fun!
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

reply to this thread