Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Super Mario RPG 1996 plush UFO catcher dolls? 2020/2/3 08:01
Hi all,

I'm visiting Japan in a few months time. I'm looking for some specific plush toys, from 1996 that were found in UFO claw machine games. Have any of you seen them before? I'm hoping to get one (especially yoshi ;D) so any help would be appreciated. https://otsukai.com/item/8578 (the items)

Thanks and have a good day
by Emilia (guest)  

Re: Super Mario RPG 1996 plush UFO catcher dolls? 2020/2/3 15:56
I think you are going to struggle to find these. Mandarake in Nakano broadway may be the best place to start. They may know where else you might be able to look. I would suggest searching Yahoo auctions too. If you can find one I should imagine that it wont be cheap.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Super Mario RPG 1996 plush UFO catcher dolls? 2020/2/4 09:44
Are you trying to find these plush toys in stores? I'm not sure you'll be able to find ones back from 1996 in specific as it would be a very specific market for that. I'd probably just do a search online to see if you can get them, or if it's easier, to contact the company that makes those plushies that you're looking for and seeing what they suggest of where you can find them.

Have you checked on Ebay or any other websites?
by Motti15 rate this post as useful

Re: Super Mario RPG 1996 plush UFO catcher dolls? 2020/2/4 11:38
I second the Nakano Broadway shopping center (near Nakano Station). Compared to second-hand shops in Akihabara, Nakano Broadway tends to have a larger selection of obscure items.

That said, Super Mario RPG doesn't seem to have quite the same cult classic status in Japan that it does in the West, so the odds of finding them is going to be pretty low. But if you're going to roll the dice by visiting a physical store, Nakano Broadway is the place to roll them.
by . . . . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread