Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where can I find a Valentines card in Osaka? 2020/2/5 10:42
I'm living near namba, but I can't seem to find valentines cards in stores. Does anyone know of a local store in the osaka area that sells valentines cards? Thanks for your help!
by Motti15  

Re: Where can I find a Valentines card in Osaka? 2020/2/5 20:37
Tokyu Hands?
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where can I find a Valentines card in Osaka? 2020/2/6 11:25
Pre-made Valentine's Day cards are pretty tough to find in Japan. I usually just go to a stationery store and get some nice paper (Japanese stores have a great selection) and write the message myself.
by . . . . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where can I find a Valentines card in Osaka? 2020/2/6 17:06
Yuzawaya sewing and craft store sells cards, they have Valentine cards but Japanese Valentine cards are smaller in size (they are like mini sized cards since that seems to be the thing they do with Valentine cards in Japan for some reason) but the designs are cute despite them not being regular sized cards. At least the Yuzawaya here in Sannomiya area of Kobe`s Yuzawaya does. Not sure if the Osaka location of Yuzawaya in the main area of Osaka has the same selection or not but its worth a try.
by Tina (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where can I find a Valentines card in Osaka? 2020/2/6 17:22
Thatfs because Valentinefs Day is mainly for chocolate gift giving, and probably those smaller cards are meant to be used as gift tags.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where can I find a Valentines card in Osaka? 2020/2/6 17:27
Thatfs because Valentinefs Day is mainly for chocolate gift giving, and probably those smaller cards are meant to be used as gift tags.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where can I find a Valentines card in Osaka? 2020/2/6 17:54
....... (guest) ---yes I figured that might be the reason, although they do not attach like a tag does, they have their own little envelopes, but yes I think the main focus is the chocolates, Japanese care less about receiving Valentine cards (even though Christmas and other seasonal cards are regular sized but probably because chocolate in tins is not the focus of those). So yes most likely the Valentine cards are smaller to just accompany the chocolates but in a more subtle way and not the main focus which is the chocolates and the boxes or tins they come in since they come in all sorts of shapes and designs, the chocolates themselves are a work of art coming in interesting shapes as well.
by Tina (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where can I find a Valentines card in Osaka? 2020/2/9 17:34
Could try Loft at Namba.
The Loft at LaZona Kawasaki has an excellent range of greeting cards.
by Kersy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread