Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

1 day trip Takayama - Alpine Route 2020/2/5 14:38
Hi all,
I have made a room reservation in Takayama and I plan to do 1 day trip Alpine route from Takayama on 6 May 2020, could you please advise the best way to go there. Thank you so much
by Fransisca (guest)  

Re: 1 day trip Takayama - Alpine Route 2020/2/6 00:49
Hi!

So are you doing the stay at ???? Alpine Route then staying the night in Takayama? or Takayama then the Alpine Route and then staying at ??????

Unless those question marks are somewhere on the Alpine Route (like Murodo) or Ogizawa or maybe Shinano Omachi , I think your plan is super challenging. And I think if you plan to end in Takayama, unless you are starting in Murodo it's going to be a challenge.

Good luck!
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: 1 day trip Takayama - Alpine Route 2020/2/6 02:24
The travel from either Takayama to Tateyama or vice versa is extremely long at best 3 hours. I would suggest either starting or stopping at Toyama or both starting and stopping.

The Alpine route itself even done very quickly one way is roughly 5 hours and round trip 8 hours, yes i have done it. All depending on the amount of people you encounter.
by Ro (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 1 day trip Takayama - Alpine Route 2020/2/6 04:12
I guess you are planning to travel from Takayama to the Alpine route and then back to Takayama. It is challenging as stated but there seem to be a tour to do this.

https://www.nouhibus.co.jp/hida/bustrip/tateyama-kurobe-alpine-route/

Start Takayama bus center at 7:40. Ogizawa station at 11:10. Go through the Alpine route by yourself. Tickets for the Alpine route included but no guide. You must be at Toyama station by 18:55 when the bus to Takayama bus center leaves. Takayama bus center at 21:05. No meal, no guide, 15500 yen. You can drop off at Toyama (if you don't need to go back to Takayama) and the fare is 13000 yen.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread