Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Electric ground and electric shock 2020/2/7 05:58
Hi
I have purchased a microwave oven in west Japan (60hz). It comes with a ground wire (yellow-green).
I read in the forum answers on how to attach it, thank you.
My question is , is there a possibility I could get an electric shock when I am fixing the ground cable? Is it a good idea to keep the mains OFF when I am fixing the ground cable?
I vaguely remember learning in school that mains have nothing to do with ground, but then I am really scarred of these electric stuff.
Regards
HNB
by HNB (guest)  

Re: Electric ground and electric shock 2020/2/7 08:56
The rule of thumb when working with electricity, if you're unsure about working on it live, then just cut power to the thing you're working on. You can just turn the breaker back on once you're done. While I think you'd probably be ok, better not to risk it. Good luck.
by Motti15 rate this post as useful

Re: Electric ground and electric shock 2020/2/7 09:41
Always turn the power off when working with electrical outlets.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Electric ground and electric shock 2020/2/7 09:43
no shock.
when you get it, it is broken heavily already. (leaking electricity)
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread