Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to buy nintendo switch in tokyo? 2020/2/7 08:07
Where can I get a tax free nintendo switch in tokyo ? Have searched bic camera and yodobashi in akiba and Shinjuku but out of stock currently. Please advice.
by Aaron snow (guest)  

Re: Where to buy nintendo switch in tokyo? 2020/2/7 11:11
Are you living in Tokyo or just visiting? If they are out of stock, your other option might be just to order one online and have it shipped to your location. It's also possible to have things shipped to a local 7-11 or lawson, family mart if you give the address.
by Motti15 rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy nintendo switch in tokyo? 2020/2/7 11:14
I'm visiting Tokyo and will be leaving in few days. Ordering online I guess won't be feasible as most websites are in Japanese and I may not get tax refund.
by Aaron snow (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy nintendo switch in tokyo? 2020/2/7 16:05
There's a bit of a Switch shortage right now, due to the hardware being manufactured in China and the coronavirus impacting production/shipping.

Out of curiosity, is there some reason you specifically want to buy it in Japan? As far as I know, there's no region lockout for Switch games, so a system bought in one country is pretty much the same as one bought in another another. Granted you'd get a sales tax exemption, but Switches aren't any cheaper in Japan than they are in north America/Europe, and Japan's bundle deals aren't nearly as good as what overseas merchants offer.

Unfortunately, if the major electronics retailers like Yodobashi and Bic are sold out, you're unlikely to find any smaller shop with a stockpile of Switches. If you've really got your heart set on buying one in Japan, your best bet might be to look for a used system at Book Off or some other second-hand shop (Japanese gamers do tend to take very good care of their stuff before selling, and Book Off is pretty good about checking to make sure everything is in working order).
by . . . . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy nintendo switch in tokyo? 2020/2/7 17:36
Thanks for the reply. Yes tax refund and credit card discounts can add up to 10-15% cheaper. And from where I am from ( South Asia) the switch is marked up price . So it will end up about close to 100+ dollars cheaper here in Japan.
Update: managed to get myself a switch from sofmap akiba branch today. Probably the last few stocks remaining . Not sure what the staffs were whispering about at the back of the counter when I queried if it was available but glad I got one in the end. Thanks :)
by Aaron snow (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread