Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Not renewing contract after renewing visa 2020/2/10 11:05
So I want to quit my job and find a new one, the foremost reason being that the current work environment has caused me stress and depression.

Now, the problem is that I'm working on a one year contract which ends on the last of March. However, my Visa was due to expire at the beginning of this month so I went to renew it (which I would have had to anyway to work the last two months of the contract) and am currently waiting for the post card from immigrations.

I'm looking for a new job, but the chance that I'll find new employment before the end of this month is low. Which means that I would have to work at least a part of April due to the one month notice.

As I understand it, not renewing my contract and quitting my job just after renewing my visa might be considered fraudulent in the eyes of immigrations.

But renewing my visa and contract with my current company just to instantly quit will obviously be problematic too.
Also if I find a job mid March and tell my company I quit, my contract ends before the last 30 day work period does.

I'm really at a loss here... Is this something I could ask immigrations directly about? Or would that potentially get me into trouble?
Any advice would be appreciated!
by Treesnstuff  

Re: Not renewing contract after renewing visa 2020/2/10 22:13
To apply for the extension of your work resident status, you didnft have to attach a new contract with the same employer? For how long of an extension did you apply? Possibly just to cover the two months on the contract?

Also is your current employer willing to hire you for another year?

Your employer will probably ask you (if they want to keep you) before the end of the month if you want to stay with them (unless it is an gautomatically extended unless either party expresses their wishes otherwiseh type of contract), then suppose if you havenft found any job yet and you say yes; then it is up to what is stated in the contract between the current employer and you whether/when you can quit.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Not renewing contract after renewing visa 2020/2/12 16:52
I was on working visa. Whether your contact period remain 1 month or 2 months, there is no problem in extending the visa. You can extend your visa by using documents of current company.
by Guest C (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Not renewing contract after renewing visa 2020/2/12 16:56
Please don't worry about the pending period of your contact. You can extend visa at the ending time of contact also. Then you can search other job too

Re: Not renewing contract after renewing visa 2020/2/12 16:59
As I understand it, not renewing my contract and quitting my job just after renewing my visa might be considered fraudulent in the eyes of immigrations.
Nothing like that. Work visa is given by Japan government and not only for one company. You can use work visa and change company too. I also extended my work visa during the end of the contract. No problem. Working visa is not restricted to one company. ok. Don't worry at all

reply to this thread