Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

ANA discount with working holiday visa 2020/2/14 00:38
Hi,

I am currently in Japan with a Working Holiday Visa. I wanted to fly to Osaka from Tokyo using the ANA Experience JAPAN Fare tickets. However, Eligibility Criteria 1 states that "Passenger must reside outside of Japan.". Since My permanent residence is outside of Japan, am I still eligible?

Thanks
by kathmon (guest)  

Re: ANA discount with working holiday visa 2020/2/14 09:20
No, you are not a tourist. You also can't use the Japan Rail Pass. If you have a visa other than the landing permit then you are a resident not a tourist.
by T.K. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: ANA discount with working holiday visa 2020/2/14 11:38
"landing permit"

Everyone visa is converted to landing permit (or zairyu card/resident status) once you are permitted to enter Japan.

The phrase should be Temporary Visitor or Tourist. Unless you have that, you won't be able to utilise those discount/special for tourist/non-resident.

So having WHV disqualified you from those discount/special for tourist/non-resident.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: ANA discount with working holiday visa 2020/2/14 11:48
Well I just called ANA and they said it was fine, I should just have my return ticket to and from Japan with me on check-in.

Same was said in this blogpost (https://shinpaideshou.com/2017/10/04/resource-ana-experience-japan-fares/): "As I found these eligibility requirements just slightly vague, I called ANA to ask for clarification on “must reside outside of Japan.” I was told that even foreigners with a zairyû 在留 card (who are thus, legally, if temporarily, “resident” in Japan), e.g. those on a student visa or a “cultural activities” visa, are eligible for this fare. However, the return ticket (leaving Japan, to return to the home country), even if it’s for many months in the future, is required"
by kathmon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: ANA discount with working holiday visa 2020/2/14 12:14
I just send the question why they offer discount for working holiday status holders, even though they are resident of Japan.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: ANA discount with working holiday visa 2020/2/14 12:18
Why?
by kathmon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: ANA discount with working holiday visa 2020/2/15 03:20
There are 3 main requirements (from the ANA website):
https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/promotions/share/experience_jp/

1. Passenger must reside outside of Japan.

2 Passenger must hold a passport issued by any country other than Japan, or be a Japanese passport holder with permanent residency outside of Japan.
Not applicable to holders of non-permanent residence permits and work permits.

3 Passenger must be in possession of an international return ticket (on any airline), with the first leg of the journey originating from outside of Japan.

by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: ANA discount with working holiday visa 2020/2/15 12:38
お問い合わせについて、「ANA Experience Japan Fare」の適用条件は
日本以外の居住者が対象とはなりますが、現在は日本以外の
パスポートを所持している条件等も確認し空港での対応を考慮し認めております。

they understand they don't follow their rules which are shown in their website.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread