Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

I want to change my surname in Japan 2020/2/18 12:39
I am a japanese citizen and my hubby is a filipino and we've been merried for 5years now. We do it at philippines but we registered our marriage contract here in japan soon after. Since then, i still using my last name and not my hubby's last name. Also our kids are using my last name. And now, i wan't to change my last name to my huuby's name. So my question is, what paper or what should i do to change my surname. Will my japanese citizenship will be gone and me and my kids will become philippine citizen when our last name changed into filipino last name? Thankyou
by EriNishikawa (guest)  

Re: I want to change my surname in Japan 2020/2/18 14:27
Since itfs been some years since you reported your marriage to the Japanese authorities, you need to get a permission from a family court to change your family name.

This is just a link from a law firmfs website (not a personal recommendation):

I donft know what can be done about your childrenfs namec

Name and citizenship are two separate issues.
by ...... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread