Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Changing job while ongoing naturalization 2020/2/20 19:49
Hello everyone. I am hoping someone could give me advise please. I applied for naturalization April of 2019. Final interview was done lasr July 2019. I will be changing my job this April 2020. Do you think it is better to inform houmukyouku regarding this? Or wait if the result would come out until end of this month. I think if I inform them, my waiting period for the result would be longer. Please help.
by girlie7192 (guest)  

Re: Changing job while ongoing naturalization 2020/2/21 10:51
Why you do not contact them. I believe you can change, but you can confirm
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Changing job while ongoing naturalization 2020/2/21 12:50
Thank you JustMyDay!
I believe I can change my job during the application. But I think it will also prolong my waiting period. My new work will start on April 1st, and I am hoping that the result would come out before April 1st. So I am thinking when is the right time to inform them, inform them now or wait until the end of March.
by girlie7192 rate this post as useful

Re: Changing job while ongoing naturalization 2020/2/21 16:59
You can inform them after changing the job. They will call you again before giving the result about the changes in your application.
by Guest40 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Changing job while ongoing naturalization 2020/2/21 18:17
Thank you Guest40 for your response.
I am holding an Engineer's visa at the moment. The contract I have with the new employer in April is 6 mos only, but it is because I will be evaluated after 6 mos whether I will be seishain or under agency again. Is it OK to submit my contract? Do you think it will prolong my waiting period if I informed them now? Maybe they will wait until April onwards to see whether I still have work or not? Because that is my worry....

Re: Changing job while ongoing naturalization 2020/2/21 21:47
I thought that if your current visa is a work visa you MUST inform immigration of each change of your work situation. Was it within 2 weeks or so? I am not an expert, but as you are not yet naturalized, the rules of your current visa should apply, by all means.

(and sorry for the purists, yes "visa" isn't the right term. It should probably be resident status... but you know what I mean)
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Changing job while ongoing naturalization 2020/2/22 00:06
LikeBike, yes I have already informed the immigration regarding my change of work. I have applied for a Certificate of Authorized Employment for my work this coming April.

Re: Changing job while ongoing naturalization 2020/2/23 08:53
Please wait for the result. If the result dont come after you join. Then please inform homukyoku. I did that. My job changed during naturalization. I submitted the documents of new company

Re: Changing job while ongoing naturalization 2020/2/23 08:56
I pray you will get result before April. The results depends on application traffic.

Re: Changing job while ongoing naturalization 2020/2/23 13:21
Dear Guest40, thank you for your reply!
Did they called yoy before giving the result? And did you inform them during that call that you are about to change your job?

Re: Changing job while ongoing naturalization 2020/2/25 11:03
I lost my job after six months after application. The result is given based on the documents submitted at the time of application. We need to give all documents of new company. The application changes if there is change in job. I did lots of hard work. I informed homukyoku next day after I changed the job.

Re: Changing job while ongoing naturalization 2020/2/26 15:23
Thank you Guest40 for replying! Vey much appreciated! I am really hoping the result would cone out by March. I am worried about the call before they give the result. They will ask you if there are any changes in your status, right? Could I say "NONE" even though I knew that I will change ny job this April? May I know also how many months have you waited for the result?

reply to this thread