Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Remotely working from Japan 2020/2/24 20:08
I am an Indian women working in India. My husband has recently joined an organization in Tokyo.
I want to come to Tokyo on dependent visa for three years. And I want to Work From Home for this period,
My question is:

1. Can I be allowed to work from home for my company situated in India, is it permissible?
2. Does Japanese law allows it? I will be getting Indian salary.
3. Can I be allowed to access to my company's network during my stay period.
4. Do I need to collect any letter for this purpose from my company.
5. Is there any limitation to working hours? How many hours in a day can I work.

Your speedy reply will be appreciated. Thank you.
by Guest (guest)  

Re: Remotely working from Japan 2020/2/25 12:17
1. No but how would they find out if you did.

2. Same as 1.

3. Internet access is dependant on provide.

4. No due to 1.

by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Remotely working from Japan 2020/2/25 12:17
5. None or nil due to 1.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Remotely working from Japan 2020/2/25 12:30
1. Can I be allowed to work from home for my company situated in India, is it permissible?
Yes - you are not "working in Japan", but working in India. You might have some other tax issues to sort out, but working remotely shouldn't be a problem.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Remotely working from Japan 2020/2/26 09:18
the question whether you can work remotely or not : yes, you can.
spouse status in immigration : they say you can work within 28 hours per week. the definition of "work" in immigration is "earn Japanese money in Japan".
income tax law : you have to file your total income, including the income in foreign countries, when you live in Japan more than one year.
spouse deduction of your husband in tax law : when your income, which is reported to tax office, is larger than the designated amount ( it varies depending on your income sources). you can't be a dependent in his income tax purpose.
your health insurance and pension : as similar as spouse deduction in tax purpose, when your income is large, you can't be a dependent of health insurance and pension which your husband joins. you need to pay insurance and pension, independently.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread