Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan with a baby 2020/2/25 00:29
hi
my trip to Japan is next month.
am coming with my 1 year baby girl.
am very concerned of corona and my daughter.
i dont think she will keep the mask on like adults?

what should i do?
should i cancel the trip?
by bayan (guest)  

Re: Japan with a baby 2020/2/25 12:13
Over 65yos and child under 59 months are most at risk. According to the WHO website.

You decide what is the appropriate action to take for you situation.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan with a baby 2020/2/25 15:10
Japan isn't China. The virus is within China, and even most areas in China are still relatively safe. Japan is fine right now and you have a better chance of getting hit by a car than catching a corona virus. Don't let the fear of the media make you cancel your trip.
by Motti15 rate this post as useful

Re: Japan with a baby 2020/2/26 03:02
Read today that children are very much unaffected this time, usually they belong to the risk groups. So just enjoy!
by sullon rate this post as useful

Re: Japan with a baby 2020/2/26 09:44
in general, Japanese avoid to bring a baby to travel, when it is unnecessary. if necessary, they try not to go to crowded places, whereas you bring them to those places.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan with a baby 2020/2/26 10:09
@Motti15

Partly you are right, but Japan the virus is spreading.
I do not think you have a child, but I do not think what you say is correct.
Personally I would not take the risk to have a child, elderly person or a person who has a weak defense system to participate crowded areas.

It does not matter if it is media attention which is over reacting, but it is common sense to avoid a child sick.

@OP I think you should make the judgment if you want to bring your child inside an airplane, and travel around. The current incubation time seems longer than 2 weeks for a sick person and you won't know who is sick.

by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Japan with a baby 2020/2/26 18:41
This thing about babies really is strange. According to WHO out of 45000 sick in China, nobody under 10 has died and only 1 under 20 years old. Still you get posts like "I wouldnLt travel with my baby since Corona is really dangerous for small children".

But when people get scared, they become irrational.
by sullon rate this post as useful

Re: Japan with a baby 2020/2/26 19:50
/ ...in general, Japanese avoid to bring a baby to travel, when it is unnecessary. if necessary, they try not to go to crowded places, whereas you bring them to those places.

Right. Never seen Japanese people with babies at Disneyland or places like that. Never. No Japanese with babies in crowded places. Uh huh...
by Saru Bob rate this post as useful

Re: Japan with a baby 2020/2/29 04:03
Just take into consideration that upon return to you home country, you might be put in quarantine. Diverse countries are starting to tighten restrictions for visitors from Japan or nationals that have visited Japan. This of course might change in the course of next weeks/months, but just keep in mind.
by Fiendhunter (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread