Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Three 17 year old boys travelling to Japan 2020/2/25 17:55
Hi all

Currently two of my friends and I are planning to go to Japan for two weeks. During the trip we will be visiting Tokyo, Hiroshima, and Kyoto as a a concluding chapter to us studying Japanese for 5 years.

We are concerned that our relatively young age will negatively impact our ability to purchase accommodation for this trip. Any words of advice?

Thanks!
by vf00  

Re: Three 17 year old boys travelling to Japan 2020/2/25 19:19
You will at least have some restrictions when booking Hotels.
Most of the major booking pages don't even allow searching/booking without at least 1 adult (18+) and the Hotel pages I just checked have the same restrictions. Maybe you need to call the Hotels directly and check with them via Mail or phone, especially that you won't run into issues during the Check-In
by nja (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Three 17 year old boys travelling to Japan 2020/2/26 00:30
Wait a year until you all turn 18 and it will be much, much easier. That's not so far away for a 17 year old.

by TW (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Three 17 year old boys travelling to Japan 2020/2/26 09:24
Being 17 is a huge difference from being 18. You won't be able to book things online or go into certain places by yourselves since you'll be considered under age. Personally, I would either have someone who is 18 or older with you, or just wait until you're 18 to go. It will be much, much easier for you if you're at least 18.
by Motti15 rate this post as useful

Re: Three 17 year old boys travelling to Japan 2020/2/26 10:45
Also worth considering the curfew for minors. It varies from city to city as far as I understand and I've never seen it enforced on the street but I've definitely seen under 18s being removed from game centres and karaoke joints at night.

Just wait until you're all 18 for an easier time in every respect.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread