Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is receiving a JP post bank book immediate? 2020/2/27 18:45
I keep getting conflicting information on this. Some sources online say that the issuance of the bank book is immediate, while others say it will come with your cash card in 1-2 weeks. What has been you experience? Thanks.
by Wellsie (guest)  

Re: Is receiving a JP post bank book immediate? 2020/2/28 13:32
The short answer is that it depends.

It says below on Japan Post's official website that, in order to prevent money laundering, it may (or may not) take some time for a non-Japanese person to have his/her account opened. If that is the case, you need to wait for a while after your application until your bank book is sent to your home address by postal mail. Strangely, I could not locate this information in English, but here is the Japanese quote and link:

https://www.jp-bank.japanpost.jp/kaisetu/kat_gaikokujin.html

口座開設までにお時間を要する場合があります。
 外国人の方が口座開設を申し込まれる際は、関係法令等に基づく各種確認にお時間を要することから、受付当日の口座開設ができず、後日、通帳をお客さまのご自宅へ郵送させていただく場合がございます。
 また、場合によっては口座の開設をお断りすることがございますので、予めご了承ください。
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Is receiving a JP post bank book immediate? 2020/2/28 23:33
I Got my JP bank Book ... on the same day the account was opened. And received the Cash card the following week.
by Friday Born rate this post as useful

reply to this thread