Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Going back to Japan with Engineer work visa 2020/2/28 02:51
Please help me to solve my dilemma.
I have a valid Engineer work visa till 2021. I worked in Japan for 1 yr and came back to my country. Now after 6 months, is it possible for me to go back to Japan and find a new Job without the knowledge of my current sponser.
by Justin John (guest)  

Re: Going back to Japan with Engineer work visa 2020/2/28 11:12
If you visa is valid until then and you haven't been outside of Japan for more than a year, you can look for a new employer.
by Motti15 rate this post as useful

Re: Going back to Japan with Engineer work visa 2020/2/28 11:31
@Motti15

It is not that simple. Law have changed, foreigners are required by law to inform the Immigration Bureau of Japan about any changes in employment within 14 days of that change. Not knowing law have changed is not an excuse.
by T.K. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Going back to Japan with Engineer work visa 2020/2/28 11:45
Yeah, so he'll just contact immigration when he comes back about where he will be working and living. It's not a big deal.

Re: Going back to Japan with Engineer work visa 2020/2/28 11:50
@Motti15

Nope. You need to notify the immigration that you left your job within 14 days. Not after you found a new one. The rule is clear any change in your situation has to be notified to immigration: change of address, divorce, leaving a job....
by T.K. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Going back to Japan with Engineer work visa 2020/2/28 11:59
Do you work at immigration? He left the country and now is coming back. He can contact immigration now and get it straightened out. There are exceptions to the rule, not only by what you read on the website. If he's really concerned, he can contact immigration direclty through phone and get it figured out.

Re: Going back to Japan with Engineer work visa 2020/2/28 12:51
OP
you are suppose to inform immigration on any changes related to your resident status within 14 days, not doing so may or may not affect your resident status. No one can be sure how the immigration will follow up on this, as it is case by case. They may let it go, fine you, revoke your status who knows?
So be sure to be apologetic when you decide to inform them later when you come back.

Another thing is, hope that you utilise the Special re-entry permit (tick the box on your embarkation/disembarkation form) when you leave Japan back to your country. Not doing so may create problem when you try to re-enter Japan.

by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread