Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Eligibility to buy Izukyu line one day pass? 2020/2/28 22:17
I am an Indian passport holder currently enrolled in university in Japan. Since I am a resident in Japan, I cannot buy many rail passes.

Can anyone tell me whether being a foreign resident in Japan ( with Indian passport and Japanese resident card), am I eligible to buy Izukyu line one day pass or not?

Thank you in advance!
by Anushka (guest)  

Re: Eligibility to buy Izukyu line one day pass? 2020/2/29 23:53
by Shaama (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Eligibility to buy Izukyu line one day pass? 2020/3/1 00:41
It says "non-Japanese passport" but it doesn't say if they accept ALL entry statuses. According to the way they say it, any non-Japanese passport-holding person can, be it on a student visa, work visa, temporary visa, etc. can buy one. But just because it doesn't specify on the English-language pamphlet doesn't mean they omitted the "only for temporary visitor status" stamps on the passport by mistake and won't honor all status on your passport. I would be careful and ready to accept the fact it may not be available to you as a resident, even though you hold a foreign passport. Errors of omission don't favor the customer.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Eligibility to buy Izukyu line one day pass? 2020/3/1 07:19
@shaama, itfs not that clear cut. It says ginternational visitorsh which could be interpreted as gtourist visa holdersh.

@PP, sorry, I tried to find an answer but itfs unclear to me.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Eligibility to buy Izukyu line one day pass? 2020/3/1 11:45
I bought one at Ito Station about ten days ago. I recall showing the staff my US Passport but I don't think it was even opened....
Good luck!
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

reply to this thread