Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Flight to Japan via South Korea 2020/2/29 05:28
I am flying to Fukuoka from the UK next Wednesday for a 4 week holiday in Japan. My flight is via South Korea. Are there likely to be entry problems in Japan because of the Coronavirus problems in South Korea? Ifm wondering if I should cancel my holiday to Japan as I see many public places are now being closed?
by Soo59  

Re: Flight to Japan via South Korea 2020/2/29 08:26
What public places are being closed? Any websites that cover this exactly so I could get an idea?
by darrenbachan rate this post as useful

Re: Flight to Japan via South Korea 2020/2/29 08:39
@darrenbachan... japan-guide itself listed 30 places in Japan that are closed at the moment: https://www.japan-guide.com/news/alerts.html

I believe this is to prevent the virus transmition in crowded places.
by MP5 rate this post as useful

Re: Flight to Japan via South Korea 2020/2/29 09:29
Yes I would recommend cancelling. Not only are certain public places closed but schools are too so all kids will be home for a month and because of a rumor there is a toilet paper shortage after people got scared and bought it all. So its not a great time to visit and with Korea having even more cases wouldn't recommend going through via there.
by tim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Flight to Japan via South Korea 2020/2/29 17:03
Here in Japan, we are encouraged to stay home especially for this Saturday and Sunday (Feb 29, Mar 1). Yet, movie theaters have attracted a certain amount of audiences, and although restaurants tend to close earlier than usual, most of them are open for meal times. Supermarkets are opened, and I also don't feel shortage on food products being sold.

That said, what the government encourages us to do is to stay home so that we won't carry viruses without our intentions. In other words, it's not about you getting sick. It's more about all of us including you trying not to spread viruses that we still know very little about.

So it's really up to you. If you have the option to postpone your trip, it may be better to do so and come at a better time when you can compensate for the economical loss we are suffering today because of this virus. By that time, people may feel safer to shake hands, hug or engage in longer conversations.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Flight to Japan via South Korea 2020/2/29 19:14
There is also the possible risk you will get stuck in Japan or Korea and quarantined or banned from entering back home. If I were you I would cancel just to be safe. Alot of attractions are closed right now, your trip's full potential of having fun would be ruined. And then their is the risk of spreading the virus, and your own health/safety too, with all of these drawbacks and risks its not worth it.
by Jeff (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Flight to Japan via South Korea 2020/3/2 04:19
Thanks for all your comments
by Soo59 rate this post as useful

Re: Flight to Japan via South Korea 2020/3/2 09:26
I traveled a lot between Japan and Korea for work.
Currently travel is not stopped at this moment both governments are considering to stop travel between Japan and or Korea.

Both countries a risk countries at this moment, and I think it would be better to cancel your trip.
On the airport you will just have an additional heat monitoring system to check your body temperature.
Some questionnaire if you visit China in the past two weeks. but only if you are considered a risk.

My work also stopped travel between the countries. Which I think it is good to prevent spread of the virus and to prevent getting sick.

Some public events, such as baseball, Disneyland, concerts etc. have been cancelled for two weeks. After that it is unknown what will happen next.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Flight to Japan via South Korea 2020/3/2 09:59

Ifm wondering if I should cancel my holiday to Japan
We have heard all news but good news about this outbreak. After many days of deliberation, we have now cancelled our trip to Japan. The closure of many tourist venues is not a big issue for us, however, a possibility of a stressful holiday is the one we are avoiding.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread