Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nikko pass and overnight stay 2020/3/1 02:01
Hello. I'm just wondering if what train line the Nikko pass covers. Because I saw that there's a special train that goes to Tobu Nikko Station called the Revaty Kegon. If I buy the Nikko pass, what exactly does it cover as far as transportation and entrance fees are concerned?

Also, would you recommend riding he Revaty back and forth and having Nikko as a day trip? If not, are there any capsule hotels nearby?
by anima9  

Re: Nikko pass and overnight stay 2020/3/1 11:12
The pass covers line and express trains. It does not cover the Ravaty Kevin, which is a limited express, but the upcharge is discounted 20% with the ticket.

Check Hyperdia for time tables, and if you think the extra 1000 yen or so each way is worth it. My guess is that if you are thinking about staying at a capsule hotel, itfs not.

I checked on JAPANiCAN, and I didnft see a capsule hotel. There are lots of Ryokans, and several that are reasonably low cost. For me, the hot spring bath, the multi course dinner, and breakfast easily make up for the higher cost for the night.

Good Luck, in planning your vacation.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Nikko pass and overnight stay 2020/3/3 02:18
Given the distance and time it takes to get to Okunikko, I'd say do the overnight if you can. There is more than enough to cover 2 full days there - and if you include the other sights like Edo Wonderland etc, then probably three days.
Kegon Falls is really one of the highlights.
https://youtu.be/17Tza6USdYM
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nikko pass and overnight stay 2020/3/3 08:43
Visited Nikko autumn 2016 on a day trip and must say do spend a night if you can. It is just too rushed to visit sites in a day; we ran through Tobu World Square and barely covered Toshogu Shrine. We ended up not seeing the falls and didnft do much momijigari.
by Andrea (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread