Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Golden Week 2020 Cancelled? 2020/3/3 01:21
Hello.
Me and my husband are planing a trip to Fukuoka during Golden Week. Do you thing the celebrations will be cancelled do to Covid-19?

BR
by Natteb (guest)  

Re: Golden Week 2020 Cancelled? 2020/3/3 14:08
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Golden Week 2020 Cancelled? 2020/3/3 15:43
Golden week is in May and nobody knows what will during that time.
So far no actions are mentioned to cancel something during that period.
Of course worries are there and best is to keep track of updates such as the link provided by previous poster.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Golden Week 2020 Cancelled? 2020/3/3 16:23
What an odd question. The public holidays will occur irrespective of any random disease that happens along. We currently have Hina-matsuri today - it certainly has NOT been cancelled.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Golden Week 2020 Cancelled? 2020/3/3 18:42
@JCT What an odd question. The public holidays will occur irrespective of any random disease that happens along. We currently have Hina-matsuri today - it certainly has NOT been cancelled.

I think what the PP meant if any of the specific celebrations, like festivals that generally happen during GW will be cancelled. In Fukuoka there is the Hakata Dontaku festival during GW, and that COULD obviously be cancelled if the situation with Covid-19 gets out of control... but it is equally obviously way too early to know.

So to the PP, it is really way too early right now to make any estimations for early May. Hopefully with weather getting better all will be over and we will be back to normal. It is still 2 months from now.

I would venture that with all the Covid-19 hysteria tourists worldwide this year will be less (although probably not in Japan if the Olympics go ahead as planned).
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread