Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can you apply to multiple universities? 2020/3/6 06:27
From what i have heard, the entrance examination for universities in japan is 25/26 of february. My main concern is that if you fail your entrance exam, you have to wait another year which is unfortunate. So, does anyone know any international students who managed to take entrance examination for multiple universities?
by wowowowow (guest)  

Re: Can you apply to multiple universities? 2020/3/6 10:02
when the date of examinations are not on the same day, yes, you can.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can you apply to multiple universities? 2020/3/6 14:00
My short answer is, ask the university for details to make sure you're applying for the right exams.

Here's my longer answer. To be precise, it depends on the category of the examination. For example, most of the "entrance examination by commendation", that are available for students currently attending senior high school in Japan, doesn't really allow you to do that. The exams are held earlier in the season, and it is only after you find out you've failed that you can try for exams that are being held on later dates of the season.

Also, even if you take exams for, let's say, ten universities, you may fail all ten. Then you are forced to study until next year to try again.

So, another thing to keep in mind is that, once you've passed the exam, there will be a deadline on when to decide you're going to go to that university. Let's say you want to go to Uni A but are taking the exam for Uni B as a protection. And let's say result and deadline for B come earlier than the result for A. You need to make up your mind.

Meanwhile, people in Japan trying out for universities are free to try some of the private-run mock exams (for a fee). The results of those mock exams will give you a pretty good guess of what level of universities might accept you, so that you won't have to pay too much exam fees in vain.

Hope it helps.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread