Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bringing of Birth Control into Japan 2020/3/10 05:07
Hello. So, I am moving to Japan and I fly out on Saturday. I have a little under 4 months of birth control on me and since booking my flight and everything was so last minute, I don't have time to fill out the Yakkan Shoumei and get it approved before I fly out.

Does anyone have experience with this? Should I just put it in a checked bag and not worry? Should I get someone at home to mail me 2 months of it? Is that even allowed?
by Blair H (guest)  

Re: Bringing of Birth Control into Japan 2020/3/10 14:15
I donft know exactly which kind it is, but low-dosage contraceptive pills are prescribed in Japan, so it is not prohibited or anything. And obviously this is something you take regularly, so if I were you, I would just bring them in, the full quantity you have, with you.
In Japan only a limited range of contraceptives are available (all by prescription, after a consultation with a doctor), so it is best to bring the type that you are used to, and have additional amounts shipped over by family if needed later (when your stock runs low).
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread