Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo National Museum closed days 2020/3/12 02:32
since monday and tuesday during golden week are holidays, can i assume that the museum will be open during those days and closed on wednesday?
by Nakolohe (guest)  

Re: Tokyo National Museum closed days 2020/3/12 19:50
You can check the calendar on their website for yourself: https://www.tnm.jp/?lang=en

No closing days during the entirety of Golden Week at this moment. However, depending on how Covid-19 progresses, I would check closer to your dates to make sure the current temporary closure isn't extended.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo National Museum closed days 2020/3/12 19:52
Can't edit so adding onto my previous comment, I just saw a banner on their site flash by that says:

In compliance with instructions from health authorities in Japan, the Tokyo National Museum announced a temporary closure from February 27 to March 16, 2020. At the request of the government, the Museum will remain closed from March 17 until further notice.
We will continue to post updates as the situation develops.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

So definitely check back later whether they will remain closed for Golden Week or not. Hopefully the closures wont last that long, but at this time it is too early to say!
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo National Museum closed days 2020/3/12 21:08
Wednesday, May the 6th will be another public holiday,
a substitute for Constitution Day (May the 3rd) falling on a Sunday.
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2282.html

Tokyo National Museum will be open through about two weeks
from Tuesday, April the 28th to Sunday, May the 10th.
You can check the calendar on the right side of its website's top page.
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread