Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Returning to Japan as a tourist? 2020/3/25 03:50
My wife and I are Americans who have lived in Japan for work in the past. We are interested in returning in a tourist capacity. Having lived in Japan in the past, could there be any issues we might run into upon returning as tourists? Any help would be appreciated!
by AHamami (guest)  

Re: Returning to Japan as a tourist? 2020/3/25 07:58
Strange question. Assuming that you are US citizens you can travel to Japan for I think 90 days on a tourist visa. (Once corona virus situation is resolved).

Not sure what kind of problems you are thinking of you could have coming to Japan ...
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Returning to Japan as a tourist? 2020/3/25 08:02
You arrive as a tourist - if after covid-19 should be no problems.
If you turn up at the moment, you will be put into quarantine.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Returning to Japan as a tourist? 2020/3/25 10:11
And I believe the cost of the quarantine is on your own dime, not covered by the Japanese government. You also can not use any public transit.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Returning to Japan as a tourist? 2020/3/25 20:28
It is Asakusa, Tokyo on March 20. There are still many tourists from overseas.
«««
https://youtu.be/pucPGP3xS6I
by DEEP JAPAN (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Returning to Japan as a tourist? 2020/3/25 23:58
Actually it's pretty safe to assume that someone who has either lived in Japan before (and not gotten into any trouble), or visited as a tourist before (and not overstayed), is far less likely to encounter problems entering than someone coming for the first time. One look at the passport of someone who has visited before is likely to buy a lot of trust from any immigration officer.

You'll be fine.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread