Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan in November 2020/3/25 07:53
Hi
Due to the corona outbreak I expect to postpone my planned trip to Japan this late June, instead going in late November.

Seems Weatherwise Hokkaido and most of Tohoku has no fall foliage left but Tokyo and Kyoto seem fine. I had hoped going to Rishiri Island but November seems not so apt.

Whats Okinawa like during November? Warm? Dry? Worth a visit or should I concentrate on mainland Japan?
by Franklin (guest)  

Re: Japan in November 2020/3/26 06:31
Hi, I havent been to Okinawa in late November or at all but I have been to Honshu 3 or 4 times in late November. Around Nara and Kyoto the colour peaks in about the third week of November usually, though I think it has been warmer over the past couple of years which has delayed it. My experience has been that most vivid colour has gone by the beginning of December and you really are left with mainly browns and reds which are pretty enough but nothing like peak, though there will be pockets of colour here and there.

It does get very windy toward the end of November and the temps can be pretty close to zero (or feel like it) especially early in the morning. It is a great time to travel subject to how crowded it is (usually it has quietened down a bit in the last week of November).
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan in November 2020/3/26 07:54
Hello I live in Tokyo and I think November is a fantastic time to visit. The color feast usually starts somewhere around 3rd week and goes through the first week of December (can change of course). These are the colors from Fall 2019 : https://bizarrejourneys.com/travel-photos/fall-colors-tokyo/

As for Okinawa in November, assuming you want to to the smaller islands visits such as Kerama Islands or Ishigaki (as opposed to mainland Okinawa/Naha) - I would not go in November. Many places get closed including certain accommodation with a quite depressing feeling. If you intend to visit Naha and mainland Okinawa for cultural/history reason - my answer may then change.

If you are into cities, November in Kanazawa can be nice. For the fall colors, Nagano is another wonderful destination but the colors are usually gone by November.
by Bizarre Journeys rate this post as useful

Re: Japan in November 2020/3/26 08:12
Fall colours in November is very much a tale of either early or late - there is a big difference between the two and that would change where you might go. As you are looking at later in the month, central Honshu would be better (between Tokyo and Hiroshima usually) and maybe with a leg through the alps - not all the colours are gone by then - depends on your route and the season.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Japan in November 2020/3/27 20:01
Thank you for your inspiring replies :)

I actually went to Okinawa mainland last year early August and Ishigaki in early May a few years ago.

I had hoped to return to Ishigaki or Miyako Island this June but due to the current situation I thought of maybe going in Nov-Dec. Perhsps the water temp is too cold.

Shirakami Sanchi was an idea as well unless it snows and fall colors are past.
by Franklin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan in November 2020/3/27 20:01
Thank you for your inspiring replies :)

I actually went to Okinawa mainland last year early August and Ishigaki in early May a few years ago.

I had hoped to return to Ishigaki or Miyako Island this June but due to the current situation I thought of maybe going in Nov-Dec. Perhsps the water temp is too cold.

Shirakami Sanchi was an idea as well unless it snows and fall colors are past.
by Franklin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan in November 2020/3/31 00:35
November will be Fine.
According to newspaper: Japan=54+10 people died,1866 affected
In world=35349 people died, 743190 affected
by Johan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread