Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can a foreigner work as a gardener in Japan? 2020/3/27 10:00
Gardening and tree care is my passion, most of what I know and have learned is from Bonsai videos and books and Japanese videos about "Niwaki" which visually have been really usefull.
I'd say I developed a style and way of working which has no future here at Spain.
I asked in a video (with the use of a translator) to a Japanese gardener who carries a YouTube channel if there were many opportunities as a gardener in Japan.
He replied that there are, but it requires hard work.
I don't mind hard work as it's my passion, and I'm willing to learn the language and to adapt to the culture.
Despite all that, it seems that is nearly impossible for a foreigner to get a non-office job or in general a job without any high grade education in Japan, there are lots of burocratic and visa impediments.
Is there any possible way for a willing person to move to Japan to study and become a disciplinate gardener? Thank you.
by Ignacio (guest)  

Re: Can a foreigner work as a gardener in Japan? 2020/3/27 16:11
I know several foreigners who are gardeners but they are living in Japan with a spouse visa.
There is no gardener visa to get a job.

There are several non-office jobs which foreigners can do. But without proper visa or support from a company getting a job is almost impossible.
Also learning the language will give you some boost and if you have skills it would be better.

You could consider to study language in Japan and find a part time job, but often it is day time work as gardener so you only could work in the weekends or holidays.

by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Can a foreigner work as a gardener in Japan? 2020/3/28 00:37
Typically, the work visas are reserved for jobs that are hard to fill with local labor. That often means high-tech trades or those requiring foreign language skills. There is not likely a shortage of gardeners and landscapers, so I would not count on visas being available.

by AMD (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread