Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan in September 2020 2020/3/27 12:32
Due to covid 19 outbreak all around the world, i have to cancelled my trip this spring. The latest i can reschedule my flight is to September (depart from Japan on 20 Sept).

Could anyone recommend location and itinerary between 10 - 20 sept with mild temperature and beautiful sceneries?

p.s.: This will be my 4th time to japan, my initial itinerary was : nikko - tokyo - hakone - tokyo - kamakura - Takao san - Mitake san.
by TitaniaScarlet  

Re: Japan in September 2020 2020/3/27 17:04

Follow your "initial" itinerary. They are still interesting places to visit, even in early Autumn.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan in September 2020 2020/3/29 02:48
Forget about "mild" temperatures & come prepared for the heat! I was in Osaka in Sept last year & it was very hot. I would stick fairly closely to your original itinerary but look for any festivals that are on when you are travelling.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Japan in September 2020 2020/3/29 06:20
My very first trip to Japan was in September to early October, and it was hot, with no signs of fall anywhere. OK... one maple tree in Kyoto was starting to change colors... just one.

I looked for some special events in September to recommend.

If I was to go again, I would try to see the Kishiwada Danjiri Festival near Osaka, which is crazy cart racing through the streets of Kishwada. I think itfs going to be on September 20th this year. You are not planning to go to Osaka, but I wanted to mention this festival.

There is the O Sannomie Festival at the Hie Shrine in Yokohama, which is usually mid September.

There is also the Atami Sea Fireworks on September 22nd, which is near Hakone. I believe most of the people watching the fireworks will wear masks, to prevent exposure. When I attended this event, the hotel had a place for their guests sectioned off for seating.

I would think Atami, which is a seaside hot springs resort town, might be a good place to visit. School should be back in session. I have wanted to go to the Atami Geigi Kennan show that is on Saturday and Sunday at 11:00.

Please re-check the dates for any of these events, because events may be cancelled or postponed.

Good Luck, in planning your trip.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Japan in September 2020 2020/3/29 19:37
@ebaychucky I was at the Kishiwada Danjiri Festival last year & it was great, very hot but great. What I particularly liked about it was that it really was a local festival with people from the floats stopping to chat to their friends in the crowd. I also liked that boys and girls were taking part. I would love to go again.

This is a link to one of my (poor) videos. It was taken on my phone which is why the focus & exposure fluctuate a little. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1ZWSlD5r34
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Japan in September 2020 2020/3/29 20:19
How long are you in Japan?

What things do you like to do?

Are you willing to travel?

Tohoku (if Japan is reopen) is cooler at this time of year than say Osaka
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Japan in September 2020 2020/4/4 18:25
The others are right. September is quite hot and humid in Japan. Northern Tohoku and Hokkaido will be the best if you are looking for milder temperatures in September. Also be aware that late August through early/mid September is typhoon season.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Japan in September 2020 2020/4/5 04:22
Agreed. If I was going in September (been there before a few times, twice it wasnt too bad, once very very hot) I would look to avoid Tokyo and Kyoto and go to cooler places - Nikko, Karuizawa, Kamikochi. Takayama (still gets hot there but it is a good link from the previous 2), Hakone.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan in September 2020 2020/4/14 07:16
My advice would be to plan your trip next year, September may seem a long time away but I cannot see things going back to normal anytime soon.
by xpc (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread