Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Very slow internet speeds after the first GB 2020/3/31 18:36
Hello,

I have since some time a strange problem, I am living in a mansion and when I download something it always have a speed of 2-10 MB/s (depending on the time, which is normal), but after I have downloaded around 1 GB it slows down to only 300-600 kB/s. It seems to be the same for any time of the day, even the night.

First I thought its a problem with my setup, so I restarted my router, but that also didn't fix the problem. It can also not be the PC setting, since at my PS4 it is the same thing after the first GB.

Is it normal that some providers will slow down the speed after downloading a GB or is there perhaps really something wrong with my router? By the way it is a WiFi router, but my PC is connected via cable and when I tried to connect the PS4 via cable it was the same thing.
by CityHunter1981  

Re: Very slow internet speeds after the first GB 2020/4/1 16:26
Many providers have a slowdown after fair use limit is reached. It should be mentioned in your contract though
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

Re: Very slow internet speeds after the first GB 2020/4/2 14:32
Is your internet plan for 1gb?
by h (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Very slow internet speeds after the first GB 2020/4/2 21:14
You left out one important information
What sort of internet connection are we talking about here?
Hikari fiber, cable, wimax, wifi-air, lte ?
What plan did you signed up?
Some provider do throttle down heavy user.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread