Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Extension of stay 2020/4/1 12:14
Because of covid 19, my cebu pacific flight cancelled till 4/14 and rebook to 4/16/2020,my 30days period of stay is upto 4/7/2020 only ,do I have to go immigration office to extend my stay ,and what requirements to bring,my visa is multiple upto 4/28/2020, can I renew my multiple visa too here in japan
by Jolet  

Re: Extension of stay 2020/4/1 23:18
Of course you have to go to immigration. Do not, under any circumstances, overstay.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Extension of stay 2020/4/2 08:28
Yes, you need to go to immigration before your period of stay expires. Apparently in Tokyo Shinagawa there are now long waiting times (Not unusual actually). So bring time and a mask. Or if you are somewhere else in Japan go to the closest office.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Extension of stay 2020/4/5 05:57
I hope you didn't go already. They are asking people not to go. You get extra 3 months.

http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/english/

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20200403/p2g/00m/0na/075000c
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Extension of stay 2020/4/5 09:24
Yep, information seems to be changing every day.
I would continue to check immigration webpage maybe weekly to see if at a certain point they change again and you need to apply for extension. But currently the allowance seems to be very long and flexible. (Very un-japanese :-)
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Extension of stay 2020/4/5 12:50
Thank you for your answers, Ifve already go by
Personal appearance to Fukui immigration office, you have to go with your application from, passports 4000 stamp for the extension of 90 days ,reasons of covid 19 flight cancelled, just call bfore and ask for the advice of the officer youfve talk , just do remember the name of the people officer, and also bring the copy of the new rebook ticket from the airline , there is no problem with the expiration of the visas, they need the extension stamp for your stay
by Jolet rate this post as useful

Re: Extension of stay 2020/4/6 12:50
I still would like to know: yes, we get 90 days extra, but should we still go to the immigration office within that 90 days? Or is it ok just to show up at the airport within that time period for your departing flight? It seems like a pretty useless if we have to go there anyway...?
by Toeps (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Extension of stay 2020/4/6 16:28
From what I gather, It's to keep you from going to Immigration due to battle health concers and congestion. So everyone including "Temporary Visitors" get an extra 3 month stay on top of your original end date if your expiration date for the period of stay is in March, April, May or June. If you want to stay longer, you'l have that time to request an extension on top of this.

See http://www.moj.go.jp/content/001316300.pdf

by Rijnbeek rate this post as useful

Re: Extension of stay 2020/4/8 04:11
wait, so..

Do we show up and hand-in the 90 day extension papers to get the additional 90 days or do we just "automatically" get it by doing nothing and not going? I really need to know! To be honest, it seems very vague on the pdf and doesn't clearly state you don't need to go to get the extension. I may just go anyway because I definitely do not want to overstay!!

Does anyone know the actual situation??
by coeryo rate this post as useful

reply to this thread