Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

3 months visa extantion due to corona 2020/4/4 09:25
I heard that there will be visa extantion of 3 months for people whose visa expire soon, targeting visa that will expire around mars\june.

My visa will expire in july, am I also concerned or only people mars/june?

If i wanna prepare for my visa I have to go to cityhall from next month to submit in june.
What if city hall and immigration are crowded , if corona is still dangerous at that time... I am a little bit worried...

If anyone know anything, I would appreciate your help :)
by riiu (guest)  

Re: 3 months visa extantion due to corona 2020/4/4 15:43
That is for people who are in Japan but were planning to leave soon, but cannot find flights back to their home countries, isnft it? (I heard 30-day extension for those on Temporary Visitor Status).

I assume you are talking about more longer-term resident status, like student or work-related one? I would just proceed as normal, applying for an extension in June for July expiry.

I read that the Tokyo Immigration Bureau is very crowded right now due to people asking for extension, and this being the beginning of school year/business year, Ifd say probably one of the busiest timing. Also city halls may be crowded due to people who have just relocated for the beginning of business year. So if your current resident status is expiring in July, you donft have to, and shouldnft be going nowc

We donft know what might happen in the future, but letfs stay calm.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread