Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Issues with Changing Addresss 2020/4/7 00:28
So Ifm an exchange student at a university in Osaka. I have another half year left here in Japan and was previously living one of the university dorms, but last week I signed a contact with a short-term furnished apartment place and moved there. Itfs in a different municipal, so I got the moving out form from my old city office and today I went to the new one to register my address and get my health insurance reissued and everything.

However, they said I was unable to register the address because the building Ifm staying in is technically registered as a ghotelh or something like that. I told them I already payed and canft move somewhere else, and they said maybe I could use an address from my old city. But I donft have anyone I could ask, and Ifm really unsure if my old dorm would continue to let me use their address and mailbox.

Is there anything I can do? Petition for them to let me use this address? I really have no idea, and I feel really dumb for not having considered this beforehand. Please help!
by Laurem (guest)  

reply to this thread