Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to file maternity leave? 2020/4/8 14:29
Hello there.

I've been reading about the maternity leave on this forum and seems like the answer to my question hasnt come up yet (or maybe I missed a thread).

So, I would like to ask: Where (what office) should I file my maternity leave? Should I do it myself or should my company do it?

BTW, I live in Aichi prefecture.

Another question is: Are all companies required to give maternity leave to their pregnant employees? Or can they refuse to give it?

I'm asking the 2nd question because I talked to my HR recently about maternity leave. I havent told him that I am already pregnant because I wanted to know what they could offer or atleast what he knows about the processing of the maternity leave. To my surprise, he said that he hasnt heard of maternity leave before and have no experience YET where an employee got pregnant.

Also, because I'm an ALT, during school holidays, since we are on a no work/no pay scheme, I have been working part time at a factory. And because the HR knows about this, he actually told me to "ASK MY BAITO TO GIVE ME A MATERNITY LEAVE".

I am stunned and realized this company doesnt care about their employees. I am planning to leave as soon as I find a new job.

I have been working with them for 2 years now and I'm very thankful that they accepted me and given me the opportunity to start as an ALT, given that I had no prior experience or training / certificate connected to the job. But I was very surprised that the HR hasnt heard of maternity leave and the fact that he wants me to ask my baito to give me a maternity leave, which is like telling me that they dont want to do the whole process.

Any suggestions about this? Any answer would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance. 😊
by ST (guest)  

Re: Where to file maternity leave? 2020/4/8 19:01
You can ask Hello work.Good Luck.
by Risa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to file maternity leave? 2020/4/8 21:17
it is hard to understand your situation only from your post. probably, you don't join the company's health insurance, but join national health insurance. you seem to be a part-time worker from the standing point of labor law.
what is your husband's opinion ?
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread