Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 3: Posts 1 - 20 of 42

1 2 3
next

My EMS Japan package lost or still in Japan 2020/4/10 23:36
Posting/Collection
Mar 31 16:27
Handling office
HIGASHISUMIYOSHIKUWAZUICHI iOSAKAj

Arrival at outward office of exchange
Mar 31 22:44
Handling office
OSAKA INT iOSAKAj

My EMS Japan package has been stuck at Arrival at outward office of exchange since 3/31/20 and It hasnft updated ever since then and itfs 4/10/20. Does it mean itfs lost?
by Sonia Nguyen (guest)  

Re: My EMS Japan package lost or still in Japan 2020/4/11 13:28
Did you call them? When I used to live in Japan there was an English speaking operator for Japan Post
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: My EMS Japan package lost or still in Japan 2020/4/11 13:31
Probably stopped.

Look at jpost website. A lot of services were stopped recently.
by Hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: My EMS Japan package lost or still in Japan 2020/4/11 13:44
1. it is not a good time to send EMS, because most of flights are cancelled. I saw the announcement at post office.
2. even after your parcel arrives to the targeted country, and if the post office in the targeted country does not give response to Japan post, you can't get updated information.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: My EMS Japan package lost or still in Japan 2020/4/11 17:34
Recently I sent two parcels (not EMS, but those with some tracking, and slower than EMS) one week apart, from Tokyo, Japan, to a friend overseas.

The first one made it from my posting in late March to garrival at outward office of exchangeh in Japan in 3 days, and now the second one (posted on April 1) has not arrived there even after 10 days.

So while it depends on the destination country, I am assuming that international mail is quite limited right now (in terms of postal cargo aircraft and processing manpower), that I would say it is stopped, and not lost.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: My EMS Japan package lost or still in Japan 2020/4/11 20:03
Like others said, its probably stuck at the airport due to decreased air traffic, not enough flights to get to the airport (probably Tokyo) to your destination. I have 2 EMS packages from Japan this week, one is stuck in Nagoya, while the other one has already reached my country from Osaka. The package from Osaka probably got lucky, it made through customs seamlessly. Be patient.
by ana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: My EMS Japan package lost or still in Japan 2020/4/11 20:09
Just to add on, my EMS package from Nagoya is in the same situation as your's, arrived at Chubu Airport and no updates for a few days.
by ana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: My EMS Japan package lost or still in Japan 2020/4/11 23:57
To give people an idea - it's estimated that somewhere between 50-70% of all air freight uses commercial airlines. For today - there are 12 flights out of Haneda and 17 out of Narita to ALL international destinations. As such - postage is not working as it normally does.

If you want to know why I know this - I leave my current country of Singapore in late June and am collecting data for 9/10 Asian airports to look at trends to see if I can get home eventually.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: My EMS Japan package lost or still in Japan 2020/4/13 13:45
Japan post has a delay due less flights outbound.
Also Japan post is rejecting EMS or other postal due the corona outbreak

https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/information/2020/0409_01_en.html
https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/information/2020/0409_01_01_en.pdf
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: My EMS Japan package lost or still in Japan 2020/4/14 10:34
I sent a package from Kyoto to New York on 3/21 via Economy Airmail (SAL). After seeing above post with the link I entered my tracking number - didn't even realize that was possible - I usually use Surface. My package arrived in Jersey City New Jersey yesterday.....hopefully it will arrive at my home soon.
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

Re: My EMS Japan package lost or still in Japan 2020/4/14 11:07
Update on my two parcels that went out from Japan by SAL with tracking:

The first one made it from my posting on March 25 to garrival at outward office of exchangeh in Japan in 3 days, made it to LA, USA in another week, and got delivered just yesterday (April 13).
The second one (posted on April 1) has not arrived at goutward office of exchangeh even after 13 days.

So Ifd say there is quite a bit of delay with international mail, both on the domestic handling side in Japan and on the receiving end as well, but still things are moving. Totally understandable.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: My EMS Japan package lost or still in Japan 2020/4/14 13:57
If you click on any of the links provided or did a google search, you see why the parcel from April 1st hasn't moved.
by h (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: My EMS Japan package lost or still in Japan 2020/4/14 21:20
Same situation here. My parcel from Japan stays at Osaka airport for two weeks now and still no updates. Itfs also a registered mail with the tracking start with RR. The latest status is:

Arrival at outward office of exchange
Apr 1 23:32
Handling office
OSAKA INT iOSAKAj

I checked Japan post website, it says due to reduction and suspension of flight, delivery delays are expected. I would say the only thing we could do now is wait .
by Kaktus (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: My EMS Japan package lost or still in Japan 2020/4/15 12:26
After reading the whole situation I can kinda understand this.

Japan is still accepting EMS from CHINA and the US right ? Since those countries are not in the list.

I got stuff coming from China to Japan and they just arrived to Tokyo today but after checking the list i think i should be fine right ? someone please confirm this.
by saltystormspirit (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: My EMS Japan package lost or still in Japan 2020/4/15 18:24
That post is for people sending items overseas. As long as the country of origin didn't ban sending items to Japan, it should make it to Japan just fine. Though so expect delays during the outbreak, as there's a reduction in passenger flights, which a lot of these parcels are traveling on.
by Ana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: My EMS Japan package lost or still in Japan 2020/4/15 18:28
Forgot to add, the post is for people sending items overseas from Japan by Japan post. Other couriers might have different restrictions.

Re: My EMS Japan package lost or still in Japan 2020/4/17 09:42
im in the same situation but my package supposedly has left Japan since 14th of march (Dispatch from outward office of exchange) and today is the 17th of April.. its exceeded one month (and my country is sill accepting mail from everywhere "Saudi Arabia") so i guess the problem is from Japan Post Actually especially after reading alot of cases for delays from Japan.. but the Question is does it really take EMS more than month to deliver ? and what are the chances of package getting lost/missing ?
by wasimooo rate this post as useful

Re: My EMS Japan package lost or still in Japan 2020/4/17 14:52
Normally it should take around a week or so for EMS delivery. Due to the pandemic, passenger flights are heavily reduced. It might take other routes to reach to your destination if it no longer has direct flights to your destination.

If it already departed from outward office of exchange, it should be on its way to the destination. Could also be customs at Saudi Arabia having a backlog and havent scanned your EMS item yet

Re: My EMS Japan package lost or still in Japan 2020/4/17 20:37
just to clarify things...

(Dispatch from outward office of exchange) doesnt mean that is already on your way but that is in the airport... now because there are not a lot of flights it should be sitting in the airport on queue so pretty much next time the status gets updated should be the the right exact time as your package arrives to the destination country... Once again (Dispatch from outward office of exchange) means that is in the airport not that the package has left the country.
by saltystormspiritEMS (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: My EMS Japan package lost or still in Japan 2020/4/18 04:57
Ok I was checking Saudi Post twitter page and saw couple of guys having the same issue and complaining

EJ740881568JP
EG722206080JP

They both are waiting for their EMS Packages since 8-12 of March

So the packages might be still in Japan or stuck at the customs

But Kinda relieving to know that im not alone in this
by wasimooo rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 3: Posts 1 - 20 of 42

1 2 3
next

reply to this thread