Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 31

1 2
next

Japan Post no update for over 10 days 2020/4/14 16:47
Hi,

I bought something from a seller based in Japan. Item is classified as Registered Mail / Insured Mail.

The item has the following status for 10 days. I am wondering is there anything wrong? Seller is telling me to wait. But for how long? I could not give the post office a call nor can I send an email.

Can anyone advise me on this?

History information
State occurrence date
iIn local time if occurred overseasj Shipping track record Details Office Prefecture / Country
ZIP codeiPostal code numberj
04/04/2020 12:43 Posting/Collection KASUKABE SAITAMA
344-8799

Office contact information
Case class Office Phone number
Acceptance KASUKABE 0570-087-913
by andrewyoyo  

Re: Japan Post no update for over 10 days 2020/4/14 18:48
From my personal experience: currently due to the drastically reduced number of cargo aircraft flying, and the resulting rising volume of parcels/cargo waiting to be flown, even the fastest EMS (Express Mail Service) items might have to wait around two weeks before they can leave Japan, I was told by Japan Postfs international exchange office staff today.

by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Post no update for over 10 days 2020/4/14 18:53
So if the item is regular airmail (registered), I would not be surprised even if it took a bit longer until the next update appears, which would probably be the one that tells you it has garrived at the outward office of exchange,h which means it is ready to fly out of Japan.
Wefll need to be patient.

Re: Japan Post no update for over 10 days 2020/4/14 21:14
Same situation here. My parcel from Japan stays at Osaka airport for two weeks now and still no updates. Itfs also a registered mail with the tracking start with RR. The latest status is:

Arrival at outward office of exchange
Apr 1 23:32
Handling office
OSAKA INT iOSAKAj

I checked Japan post website, it says that due to reduction and suspension of flight, delivery delays are expected. The only thing I could do now is wait .
by kaktus (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Post no update for over 10 days 2020/4/15 09:22
Hi AK,

Thanks for the info! Just wish to receive the item asap over here in Singapore due to covid-19.

Hi Kaktus,

At least yours is waiting to be shipped whereas mine is unknown. >.<
by andrewyoyo rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Post no update for over 10 days 2020/4/15 09:47
When there is no update in tracking after gposting/collection,h that means there is no new status, and doesnft mean itfs lost or anything. When parcels are moving in the system, they donft give updates. So I would not worry.

Re: Japan Post no update for over 10 days 2020/4/15 10:39
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Post no update for over 10 days 2020/4/17 11:48
I have checked the pdf uploaded last week. It states Singapore will be no face to face delivery.

Update as of today. gNo status changeh

The item is something that I need during Singapore 1 month circuit breaker (sort of like half lock down) period and this is due to end in two weeks time on 4th May.

What is the Covid-19 situation like in Japan right now? Wefre having more clusters and they have been placed under isolation over here.

Re: Japan Post no update for over 10 days 2020/4/17 12:28
About 10 days ago, Tokyo & its surrounding area and Osaka & its surrounding area were declared to be in gstate of emergency,h (meaning stay-at-home, but with no penalty), and as of yesterday the whole of Japan was declared the same, at least until May 6.

Regular air mail gregisteredh (as against faster EMS, Express Mail Service) takes usually 10 – 14 days to deliver, I believe. And I have been informed by the international mail office staff a few days ago that with the reduced number of aircraft flying, there is a lot of parcels/cargo waiting to be flown out, that even for EMS youfd have to allow 2 weeks before it leaves Japan. You just have to be patient.

Re: Japan Post no update for over 10 days 2020/4/22 07:47
for what it is worth....family in Japan have tried to send me a food parcel from Japan TO Australia..but told that Australia is NOT accepting any international packages, due to the Coronavirus situation..I assume this is now the same for many other countries..'you' should contact you seller/source in Japan ask them if they were able to post?...
by Barrieaw rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Post no update for over 10 days 2020/4/22 12:31
Australia IS accepting international packages - I live in Australia and am tracking a package from the US. Slower than usual, but it's travelled from the US to Australia over the last week or two. Australia isn't accepting international TRAVELLERS, but packages are fine!
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Post no update for over 10 days 2020/4/23 13:35
..NO..two packages posted in Japan have been returned to sends in Okinawa and in Hiroshima..stating that Australia is not accepting Packages..certainly from JAPAN..(posting this 23rd April)..checked with my Melbourne P.O. and the confirmed that was the current situation..Maybe fro USA is different?..
by Barrieaw rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Post no update for over 10 days 2020/4/23 14:41
No Australia is accepting freight.

If you clicked on any of the links you would understand why packages have been returned to your family. Japan Post does not have the means currently to get package to australia. And are being returned to sender. SAL EMS etc.

DHL can still get packages to Australia. But you will pay a little more.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Post no update for over 10 days 2020/4/23 17:46
It is highly unlikely that Australia would ban packages from Japan and not the US! Australia is definitely accepting freight, or we would have heard about it in the news...

Perhaps something is being lost in translation when you receive the reasoning for your packages being refused. It could be that Australia is not accepting just YOUR packages for some reason. Do they contain food or other items that cannot be accepted into Australia? We do have very strict biosecurity laws.

Re: Japan Post no update for over 10 days 2020/4/23 17:52
Updates,

The seller is asking me to request for refund if there is still no updates from Japan Post by this week.
It has been 3 weeks without updates and out of the 20 over parcels he sent from March, only 2 were delivered. I guess the safest bet to buy from Japan now is to use Qxpress in this situation.

Re: Japan Post no update for over 10 days 2020/4/24 05:49
by abc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Post no update for over 10 days 2020/4/24 08:25
That link says JAPAN is not accepting international freight, not the other way around. "...our temporary suspension of acceptance of international mail items.." where the "our" refers to Japan Post.

Re: Japan Post no update for over 10 days 2020/4/24 12:45
I posted an A4 sized letter from Japan to Australia a few weeks ago.
Recently it was returned to me with a note saying that it could not be delivered due to Corona virus.
A form was attached so that I could apply for a refund of the postage cost...
by dunit (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Post no update for over 10 days 2020/4/24 16:56
Yes, because JAPAN POST is pausing international freight.

From the Australia Post website:

24 April 2020
Please be advised that we are experiencing international delivery delays into Japan of up to 2 weeks due to limited flights and government restrictions.

Please note: Australia Post will suspend Economy Services for parcels into Japan effective 3 April and until further notice. Express and Standard Service for parcels will continue but there will be delays. Economy Services for letters will continue. Express items will be prioritised during this period.

Australia Post continues to work closely with partner airlines and postal operators to try to move items as quickly as possible.

This is placed after a big list of countries that Australia Post says they are still covering all services for, which includes Japan. So, Australia is still sending mail and freight to Japan, just on a reduced schedule and without economy (the cheapest) services to save costs. This is not a problem from the Australian side - you need to talk to Japan Post. They are the ones sending (or in this case, not sending) out the packages and letters to Australia.

Side note: if you are trying to post hand sanitiser, face masks or other protective gear, Australia Post is refusing personal sending/receiving of these to prevent wrongful stockpiling.

Re: Japan Post no update for over 10 days 2020/7/28 10:42
Are any of you guys still having this issue?

My package has been in Shibuya for awhile... paid a decent amount for EMS Japan Post shipping. No way of contacting them either!

Really wanted to see it come this week. I'm wondering if it will still take a month.
by min (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 31

1 2
next

reply to this thread