Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Short time job in Tokyo 2020/4/20 19:59
Hello!
My name is Angeliki and I am from Greece. I am a mathematician.
I have worked and studied in the UK and in the US and I speak English as a native language. Moreover, I hold a Proficiency level certificate in English. Hence, I am working as an English teacher a well.
I am very interested in finding a short time job in Tokyo as it would be a dream come true for me.
Do I have any chances ? And what kind of jobs would that be?
Thank you in advance.
Best regards
by Angeliki (guest)  

Re: Short time job in Tokyo 2020/4/21 07:59
Now no. The corona virus is not allowing you to travel easily and also many companies are not hiring due the economic crisis. Even without the crisis you cannot work without a company who is willing to sponsor you. .
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Short time job in Tokyo 2020/4/21 08:16
The basic fact is that in order to work in Japan you need a visa that allows for it. There are specific work visas (allowing specific jobs only), which you can apply for AFTER you found a company that wants to hire you. It canft be any job, but English teacher is one of the categories that are possible.

The second option is a working holiday visa. This is the only visa you can apply for without finding a job first.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread