Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Renting an apartment as a student 2020/4/27 04:15
Hello. I'm moving to Japan this year as a language school student. I would like to know if there's anything I should know about renting an apartment as an exchange student. Any tips or things to watch out for?

Also, I'm aware that when applying for an apartment you have to present your income and such but in the case of a young early 20's student who's never had a job, would I only have to present the financial/bank info of the person financing my stay in Japan? I hope I made sense with that question.

Thank you.
by Visitor (guest)  

Re: Renting an apartment as a student 2020/4/28 01:03
My Language school help me to find an apartment. So can you ask your school you also need a guarantor.
by Sriman (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Renting an apartment as a student 2020/5/6 03:53
If you are planning to rent apartment In Japan:

First of all, you should have a guarantor from Japanese company or educational institution (like in your case - Japanese language school).

Secondly, you should have at least 2000 USD in your Japanese Bank Account, which equals approximately to 200.000 JPY (Show a bank book to them).

In third, you have to pay a deposit depending on what type of apartment you want to buy.

I hope this will help you, good luck!
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread