Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 21

1 2
next

spouse visa expiring corona virus 2020/4/30 12:04
My spouse visa will expire on july 1st and I dont know what to do...
Preparing documents for visa takes lot of time, but the problem now is corona virus.
I am afraid to go cityhall now, if I wait some more time I dont think this virus gonna desapear in one or two months anyway.
Not knowing what to do we called the immigration, she said that there is no law and even if I overstay I will not be punished because nothing will happen just my "zaryu card" will expire but because how the situation is now, no punishment .

It is a bit confusing... 😓 why they just dont make rule of extantion of renewal of apouse visa, it will simple for us...

If Anyone has any news or same situation, please share! ✨
by kio (guest)  

Re: spouse visa expiring corona virus 2020/4/30 14:55
In order to extend your spouse visa, you do not need to go to the city hall, but to the immigration bureau.

Also, due to the coronavirus there is a chance that you will get three additional months (i.e. until October 1) for extending your visa. For now, people whose visas expire in May or June are given 3 additional months, but it could be that the measure gets extended beyond June. If not, just go to the immigration bureau in your prefecture before July 1 with all required documents.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: spouse visa expiring corona virus 2020/4/30 15:12
Thanks for the reply.
In order to prepare documents, I need to prepare some documents so we need to go to cityhall first than after preparing everything than go to immigration.
like koseki tohon, tax revenue and so on...

I have heard about visa extantion for people that the visa expire btw april-june, but about july I still dont know...

by kio (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: spouse visa expiring corona virus 2020/4/30 15:42
Does your spouse have a my number card, they can get koseki Tohon from a convenience store print out machine easily

Have you tried calling the city hall, they do take requests for documents by mail if you send them the relevant forms. If they are open you can do this instead of visiting

If you cannot get documents due to the city hall being closed then this is not your fault and immigration is likely to be forgiving at this time. Just give them what you can and explain the city hall is closed. Alternatively as you have 3 extra months, you can hold on a while and see how it pans out and you may be able to provide everything
by Shelly (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: spouse visa expiring corona virus 2020/4/30 16:24
It don't think that it has been announced yet that visas expiring in July will also get a 3-month extension, but I think there is a high likelihood that it will happen. It should be posted here:
http://www.moj.go.jp/EN/nyuukokukanri/kouhou/m_nyuukokukanri01_00003.h...
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: spouse visa expiring corona virus 2020/4/30 18:18
you CAN go to city hall. city hall is open.
problem is that you DON'T want to go there !!!
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: spouse visa expiring corona virus 2020/4/30 18:51
In Japan, that you "don't want" to do something doesn't count. It doesn't mean anything to immigration that you couldn't go to the city hall in their business hours.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: spouse visa expiring corona virus 2020/4/30 18:56
- I agree that it is very likely that they will allow others (maybe for July, August or so) this same measure, though it has not been announced.

- About the interpretation of immigrationfs answer to you:
I have talked with a professional in this field (I am anonymous here because I donft have permission from the professional to quote him here but I am a regular user here), and I was told that it is not really gan extensionh that is given out, but just gallowing resident status holders to go 3 months beyond the expiry of their current status to apply for an extension, during which their stay will not be considered illegal,h so it is IN EFFECT like an extension.

This is in line with what you heard. They donft say gextension.h It is a confusing way to handle the situation, but thatfs what it is. And in effect those during April – June are getting extra three months. And it is very likely you will get it too.

- About going to city hall
It is better to refrain from leaving your home the best you can.
Also city halls can be crowded with people who want to make applications for various allowances/assistance, and it is recommended you donft go in person.
Since you still have some time until the expiry date, I would suggest checking with the city hall to see if you can obtain all the documents you need via post. At least my city (I was checking my cityfs city hall website) recommends the same. Please get your Japanese spouse help you with this. Best wishes.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: spouse visa expiring corona virus 2020/5/1 08:07
I have talked with a professional in this field (I am anonymous here because I donft have permission from the professional to quote him here but I am a regular user here), and I was told that it is not really gan extensionh that is given out, but just gallowing resident status holders to go 3 months beyond the expiry of their current status to apply for an extension, during which their stay will not be considered illegal,h so it is IN EFFECT like an extension.

Not really a big secret, is just mentioned on the site of the immigration
http://www.moj.go.jp/content/001316300.pdf

by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: spouse visa expiring corona virus 2020/5/1 10:20
justmyday,

My reference was about the "interpretation" of it - it is not an extension per se, but just allowing more time beyond their current expiry date to apply (the authorities would never call it an "automatic extension"). Doing an application during those 3 months would not be considered illegal, was the exact wording the professional I talked to used, so it was in line with what the OP heard.

Re: spouse visa expiring corona virus 2020/5/1 10:43
Thanks for all your replies 😀 I appreciate it.
I think I will try to wait a little bit and see how things goes.

Re: spouse visa expiring corona virus 2020/5/2 23:24
My husband could get one document from conbini.
Tax documents we need to get them from osaka so we will send request so they send us.

This year is my tirth time applying for visa, I really wish I can get 3 years.

Last years my husband and I both were working part-time, last September we moved to another city coz my husband got full-time job . I could find part-time easily, but problem is I lost my part-time because of corona and now I am jobless, my husband still have job but since awhile working from home because of corona.
He renewed his contract last march, we want to submit the contract for the visa to proove stable income, but we couldn't find it!! I wonder if in this situation I could get 3 years visa.
Any advice please comment 😁

Re: spouse visa expiring corona virus 2020/5/20 12:17
An update appeared here (dated May 12)
http://www.moj.go.jp/EN/nyuukokukanri/kouhou/m_nyuukokukanri01_00003.h...

Saying that those with their resident status expiring "up till July" are given extra three months beyond the expiry date during which they can apply for extension.
http://www.moj.go.jp/content/001316300.pdf

Re: spouse visa expiring corona virus 2020/5/20 14:29
Dear guys,

My question is a little bit out of the topic; however, I need your help. I got rejection from immigration last year. I improved all of my documents, as they mentioned and again applied for. However, I am still looking forward to their response. Is it possible to get CoE after rejection or it is waste of time ?

In advance, thanks !
by Kevin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: spouse visa expiring corona virus 2020/5/20 15:06
Kevin,

You might want to start a new thread on your issue – it is about applying for a CoE from outside Japan, I assume?
They say that you cannot apply again with the same info for the same category of visa/CoE for a period of six months. But as you say you gimprovedh your documents, which means the substance of the info contained in your application has changed. Then they should consider the application anew.

However, with the current COVID-19 related confusion, I am sure the immigration authorities are inundated with applications attempting to renew current resident status, as well as new applications for gstudent,h employment-based, or family relationship based visa/CoE.

How long have you waited between the initial application and the gimprovedh application, and how long has it been since you made the second application?
by ...... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: spouse visa expiring corona virus 2020/5/20 15:23
Tokyo Regional Immigration Bureau mentioned that I had a poor grades; however, after rejection I have studied one semester and returned to my hometown. I improved my Gpa significantly (around 3.2). My university reapplied my improved application on February and soon it is almost 3 months. I am worry about my CoE, because I have only 3 semester to obtain my bachelors degree. My school tried to call Immigration; however, they are busy now.

Re: spouse visa expiring corona virus 2020/5/20 15:25
After rejection, I applied 3 months later with new grades and new bank statement with around 40.000 USD.

Re: spouse visa expiring corona virus 2020/5/21 00:14
I will appreciate if you answer dude (.....)

Re: spouse visa expiring corona virus 2020/5/21 09:16
Kevin,
If it was new grades and new bank statement that you applied with, the immigration bureau must be reviewing it now. But with them being busy currently, there is no telling when the results might come out. All you can do is wait and check back with the school.

Re: spouse visa expiring corona virus 2020/5/25 05:00
Kevin,

Calm down. If you did all of your best to improve your application in order to reapply for TRIB (Tokyo Regional Immigration Bureau), I hope they are processing your application. If you have no other problems, they have to give you student visa to study in your university. Time can take up to 2-4 months, as right now they are busy too much
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 21

1 2
next

reply to this thread