Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

About particle "no" 2020/5/12 02:38
Hello, (sorry I will be using romaji for this because I don't have japanese keyboard)
So I'm studying Japanese and I got into a problem I would call it brain lag. So basically I'm using app and I was introduced too particle "No" so first lesson was kinda easy and then I moved into second lesson and this is when I got a huge problem, I was introduced too "sono" "ano" "kono" because of it entire grammar style changed but the sentence meaning stays the same so it's pretty much impossible to tell when should I use ano or are. As example let's say (whose book is that over there)
So what I though I would say
"Are wa dare no hon desu ka"
But it looks like it should be
"Ano hon wa dare no desu ka"

So it's impossible to tell which grammar I should use if sentence is the same, how can I know? Is there a trick or something
by Menpo  

Re: About particle "no" 2020/5/12 08:54
The sentence you wrote says:
- Whose book is that?
And the other one says:
- Whose is that book?

The meaning is the same, just a different phrasing.
Maybe the purpose of that lesson was to try to get you to practice using gano (noun)h rather than gare.h That may have been the whole point.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: About particle "no" 2020/5/12 13:17
Ou I see now. Appreciate
by Menpo rate this post as useful

Re: About particle "no" 2020/5/12 20:48
Btw, I donft think that ano/are, kono/kore, sono/sore are related to the particle gnoh.

Maybe some old grammar connection, but are/ano etc are pronouns , like gthis thing thereh while gnoh is a particle somewhat like gofh in English. Not no in itself has no meaning. Itfs just to connect two words in a sentence.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread