Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese university credits to US? 2020/5/19 12:55
Hey, I'll keep this short.

I'm one of those bilingual, dual citizens kids. I'm currently going to a Private Japanese university in Tokyo, one of those English-degree liberal arts programs. My bachelor is likely going to be "Bachelor of liberal arts" ... Lol.
I know, I know, but I have my reasons.

I also plan to become nationally licensed (教員免許) in Japan as a teacher for Middle schools and Highschools.

This being said, I want to keep my options open so I can move to the states if I want to. I was hoping if anyone knows about getting my college credits regionally accredited (anywhere), or if my teaching license can be transferrable at least.

Many thanks for any information! I look forward to reading the replies and advice.

by Dan (guest)  

Re: JPN Univ. credits to US regional credits? 2020/5/19 19:34
「if anyone knows about getting my college credits regionally accredited」

So you're asking if you'll be able to transfer your Japanese college credits to a U.S. university? That's entirely dependent on the U.S. university, so you'd have to ask them, and even then their answer might depend on what university/course in Japan your attended.
by . . . . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JPN Univ. credits to US regional credits? 2020/5/19 22:56
you may be able to have teacher's license in Japan.
but,
1. according to Japanese law, you are requested to choose one nationality until you become 22 years old.
2. when you become a school teacher, you will teach your students, as they follow Japanese laws.
3. but, if you maintain your dual nationalities, you brake the law.
4. generally speaking, school teachers, who brake the law, are not accepted.
5. how do you solve this dilemma ?

by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread