Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinkansen operating from Okayama to Kyoto? 2020/5/20 22:13
I have read in news that some trains are suspended. Is it fully suspended as in no trains operating to get into another prefecture or city? I'm planning to leave in July, highways buses are all suspended and I don't know yet if they're going to operate soon in July. So I was thinking about an alternative, maybe I could take a shinkansen instead but I don't know if they're still operating normally or just reduced the number of departing trains.
by GUEST (guest)  

Re: Shinkansen operating from Okayama to Kyoto? 2020/5/21 16:36
Well, the bigger question is if in July you will be allowed to travel to Japan and if quarantine is mandatory or not.

If you are allowed to travel, then there will be Shinkansen.

by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Shinkansen operating from Okayama to Kyoto? 2020/5/21 19:22
Shinkansen are operating. You can go from Okayama to Kyoto.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Shinkansen operating from Okayama to Kyoto? 2020/5/22 06:47
Reduced number of services. JR West website has all the details.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shinkansen operating from Okayama to Kyoto? 2020/5/22 16:34
Interregional trains are reduced by 40-60% at the most. Along no lines has service been completely suspended. From June 1, 2020 until further notice, 93% of trains will be running along the Sanyo Shinkansen, which connects Osaka with Okayama (that's 240 trains per day):
https://www.westjr.co.jp/press/article/items/200522_02_press.pdf
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread