Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to obtain a Lost Property Certificate? 2020/5/20 23:13
I lost my wallet along with my identification cards (residence card, my number card etc) then after 4 days, I reported the incident to the police station. I asked the staff at the police station if I can get a Tounan Todoke Shomeisho or lost property certificate (as I need it for the reissuance of my identification cards etc) but the staff at the police station only asked me about the details of the loss and showed me the paper report afterwards. They did not provide me a copy of the police report nor provide any certificate which proves that I have lost my identification cards. Usually, how long does it take for them to issue a lost property certificate? Does it take days?
by JP (guest)  

Re: How to obtain a Lost Property Certificate? 2020/5/21 12:06
Weirdly, I was only able to find the information in Japanese language and this is just about Aichi Pref.
https://www.pref.aichi.jp/police/shinsei/soumu/keisatusyoumei.html

It says that you need to bring along an "inkan" if you have one and your ID such as your passport to the police station (not koban) in charge of the area you made the report to. The number of days it may take until you receive the shoumei varies.

Do you know which police station you should go to? Do you have language assistance? Post again, if you need help.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread