Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Stuck Package? 2020/5/21 01:26
I had ordered this package back on April 16th with Japan Post and after arriving at the "outward office of exchange" which I know means that it's arrived at the airport but it's been stuck there since the 29th... Is there a reason for this? I've seen answers ranging from flights being delayed to the item not being scanned and I'm honestly not sure what the issue is anymore. Does anybody have an idea as to what's going on?
by LC (guest)  

Re: Stuck Package? 2020/5/21 11:35
As I mentioned in another thread or two (and as Ifve experienced myself attempting to send out some parcels from Japan), there is a huge backlog of parcels at Japan Post facilities waiting to be flown out of Japan, because of the dramatically reduced number of flights available going anywhere. Also the dispatch processing seems to take ages due to the (I am guessing) reduced number of staff working at a time).
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Stuck Package? 2020/5/22 06:49
So much conversation about this a already.

No planes. No freight movement.

JPost website has the details.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Stuck Package? 2020/5/27 05:42
Hi, H(guest) cant seem to find the JPost about no freight, no planes. If that's the case, why are they accepting parcels?
by AJ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Stuck Package? 2020/5/27 10:43
Because itfs a business and theyfre banking on this to be over sometime in the future. Relax and be patient.
by M (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Stuck Package? 2020/5/27 11:23
Japan Post earlier in the year began suspending acceptance of any air mail items heading to many countries, for example for the US on April 1st. (Since then, only surface post is available, so I simply stopped trying to send things to my friends in the States.)
They do mention gsignificant delaysh but with no timeline. The list of destinations to which theyfve officially suspended accepting parcels to should be available.

I donft know if it was the merchant who kept listing things as gavailable for international shippingh available that shoppers simply went ahead and ordered, or what happened, but for now it is safe to assume that there would be no gshipping by airh available FROM Japan.

Re: Stuck Package? 2020/5/27 12:26

Re: Stuck Package? 2020/6/12 04:14
Hey all,

I have same problem. My package is still stuck in Tokyo. The Netherlands was/is still open for accepting packages.

I received my package that was sent via Osaka but my other package from Tokyo is still stuck somewhere. Itfs not even at the airport yet, thatfs what the track and trace is saying.
I donft see any movement from the 16th of April.
by Monica (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Stuck Package? 2020/6/19 07:09
I am in same situation with a package in Tokyo Japan waiting for delivery to USA from mid April. Within the past few days there was some movement. No idea if flights have resumed, but any movement is positive sign.
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Stuck Package? 2020/6/19 19:42
Perhaps more flights may mean packages start moving.... For example, one Japanese airline had, pre-pandemic, 14 weekly flights to Chicago. That number plummeted to 3 a week. Now it's at 7 a week. By having more flights, perhaps the mail will start moving a bit more. Patience.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread