Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Working as photographer on dependent visa 2020/5/21 19:08
Hi guys,
I looked almost everywhere but I could not find the proper answer. Before calling to the Immigration Bureau I would like to check it first here.

My wife has the Dependent Visa for next 2 years. She wants to work as a photographer (with her own clients coming from abroad). Is she elligible to take such activities assuming that she would not exceed the income limit for dependents?
by Mike (guest)  

Re: Working as photographer on dependent visa 2020/5/21 22:19
dependent visa/status and dependent for tax/insurance/pension are two separate thing.

In order to work on dependent status your spouse will need to apply for permission to engage in other activities, also this permission only allow work part time upto 28hrs per week.
https://english.visajapan.jp/shikakugai.html

Dependent for tax/insurance/pension purpose your spouse income must not be more than 1.03million yen per month.
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2019/03/05/national/japans-tax-laws-...
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Working as photographer on dependent visa 2020/5/21 22:49
if self-employer, it is 380000 yen instead of 1030000 yen. per month should be per year.

it is uncertain that she can work as a self-employer, even after she gets the permission. (my opinion is that the answer is No.)

she can work (up to 28 hours per week) , if someone (or a company) hires her as a photographer.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Working as photographer on dependent visa 2020/5/22 07:51
Can be free-lance/self employed.
Requires permit to undertake activities - limit 28 hours per week.
No income limit.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Working as photographer on dependent visa 2020/5/22 09:01
my bad..as pointed out by ken it is per year, not per month.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Working as photographer on dependent visa 2020/5/22 10:02
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread