Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Does degree matter on applying working visa? 2020/5/24 07:24
Hello, I'm really anxious about this. So there is this company that is willing to sponsor me a working visa but the problem is, I've finished a 4-year-degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management. The job I'm applying for isn't a hotel or a restaurant, it isn't specifically some type of a professional job. It's about cleaning, sanitizing, folding sheets, etc. (Like a factory work) Will they deny my application for certificate of eligibility for that reason?
by KiWi07  

Re: Does degree matter on applying working visa? 2020/5/24 16:50
you need to apply "status change" from student to working.
if they want to hire you really, they will consult immigration lawyer how to write your application, and how to write the company's documents.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Does degree matter on applying working visa? 2020/5/24 16:53
but, probably most companies don't want to be bothered by your problem, they want to hire persons who already have working status.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Does degree matter on applying working visa? 2020/5/24 16:56
The process you'd go through would be "change of resident status" from "student" to one of the work-allowing, employer-sponsored resident status, to be precise, as you seem to be in Japan now.

I didnft know any company could sponsor a visa for anyone for a cleaning job. This sounds like the company hiring you is going to have to make some false statements about the nature of your work in their application.

If the company is a hotel chain and is trying to hire you under ginternational servicesh category, youfd have to be working for example at the reception of the hotel, using your knowledge about hotel services/management youfve learned in your studies, or utilizing your foreign language knowledge.
If there is no link between the job and the studies, your application for the change of resident status is likely to be denied.

If you are currently in Japan on "student" status, and are considering to stay in Japan rather than try to leave (as soon as the next flight is available), you might want to look for a decent job that is linked to your studies, but seeing how tourism is dead now, that might be difficult.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread