Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fuji Five Lakes Public Transport 2020/5/24 10:25
- Is there public transport between the lakes such as buses? If so, are the buses frequent?
For example, could I get from Lake Kawaguchi to Lake Motosuko
and back to Lake Kawaguchi in one day?

- If there's no buses between lakes and/or they're not frequent, are taxis common?

- Are there bicycle rentals at all 5 lakes?

I visited Fuji Five Lakes once before with a friend who could drive.
But this time I'm going solo and I can't drive.
I have to rely on public transport.

Ideally I'd like to stay at Lake Kawaguchi, rent a bicycle to go around the lake.
The next day take public transport or a taxi to another lake, rent a bicycle and go around the lake.
Repeat for all 5 lakes.
Is this possible? Doable?

Any links or resources are appreciated!
by cjam (guest)  

Re: Fuji Five Lakes Public Transport 2020/5/24 16:18
Is there public transport between the lakes such as buses?

Yes, it is explained here:
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6905.html

If so, are the buses frequent?

To put it simply: around Kawaguchiko, Saiko and Yamanakako, they are relatively frequent, but around Shojiko and Motosuko they are infreuquent.

For example, could I get from Lake Kawaguchi to Lake Motosuko
and back to Lake Kawaguchi in one day?

Yes, but you better study the timetable in advance.

Taxis are easily available around stations and the urban areas, such as Fujikawaguchiko Town and Fujiyoshida City, but they would have to be called in the non-urban areas.

As for rental bicycles, they seem to be relatively easily available at Kawaguchiko and Yamanako, and I found a tourist information center at Motosuko that seems to rent bicycles, but I think it will be more challenging to find rental bicycles around Shojiko and Saiko. Some camp grounds and minshuku around the latter lakes seem to rent bicycles but I am not sure how easy and possible that is for non-staying customers.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Five Lakes Public Transport 2020/5/24 17:08
You can consider Fujisan mankitsu kippu =3120 yen cover JR,non JR.
Bus,Ferry unlimited travel.
by Jo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread