Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel ban for 100 countries: Until when? 2020/5/26 14:49
Hello everyone

My company recently invested in a Japanese business and as a result I got the chance to move to Japan on a International Transfer Visa (2 year residence card). It has been approved on March 12th by the local embassy and I was ready to move when Covid-19 happened and everything was prolonged. Right now, I'm checking in every day to see, when the borders to Japan will open again, since they have been closed from around the middle of March, but I can't find a clear source of information on the topic. The only hint I found was a statement saying that "the travelban will probably persist throughout June and might be gradually lifted afterwards, starting with Experts and Business partners".

Does anyone know when it will be possible to enter Japan from Europe again?

Thanks and best regards

JJ
by JJ (guest)  

Re: Travel ban for 100 countries: Until when? 2020/5/26 17:35
It looks like the border pretty much remains closed through June. Nothing has been decided beyond June yet. It is a very dynamic issue, difficult to predict. Right now the trend is still going in the opposite direction: 11 more countries will be added to the list from tomorrow.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Travel ban for 100 countries: Until when? 2020/5/26 18:15
No one here has insider information! If the date hasn't been announced, it's because it hasn't been set yet. All we can do is speculate.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel ban for 100 countries: Until when? 2020/5/26 19:36
Business travel will probably be one of the first types of travel to be allowed - but I have heard no talk AT ALL about travel being open in Japan in the next few days. Japan has just come out of the lockdown and is strongly discouraging inter-prefecture tourism through June from memory.

The site linked below will have the most recent information as it's updated, but you are probably already aware of this. All we can be is flexible. I'm planning to visit Japan in November, but am not expecting that it's 100% possible in 6 month. You have a business visa which might make it easier for you to come in earlier - but I live in a location with low COVID infection (Australia in November) which might give me an advantage.

https://www.japan.travel/en/coronavirus/

As stated above - no-one knows and when the government knows they'll let us know....
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Travel ban for 100 countries: Until when? 2020/5/26 20:18
Thank you all very much for replying to my question. The answers clearify what i already feared: There is just no information out there yet. I guess i'll have to request a visa extension, as the immigration paper expires after 3 months, but that should not be a problem under these current cirumstances.

Let's wait it out and see! Im hopeful for a lift of the ban in July :)
by JJ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel ban for 100 countries: Until when? 2020/5/27 08:31
You just have to wait.
There are many residents of Japan trapped overseas and not allowed to re-enter the country despite having houses/jobs/bills to pay.
The official source of information is at the MOFA website - use that as a guide. currently it says the restrictions are in place until the last day of June (that is an update from last week). Read the following page carefully.
https://www.mofa.go.jp/ca/fna/page4e_001053.html
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Travel ban for 100 countries: Until when? 2020/5/27 16:55
Yes, thank you. I have stumbled upon this websites and checked it regularly, almost daily for updates. It's just written in a very complicated way and I wasn't sure if I'm missing something important by only consulting this as my source.
Also, just a few days ago, the website mentioned that these measurements are in place until the last day of May, so they only recently prolonged it to the last day of June.
by JJ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel ban for 100 countries: Until when? 2020/5/27 19:49
I would check around the last week of June to see what MoFA states for July. They seem to update towards the end of the month. I'm on the same predicament with my already re-schedule trip in September. If that falls through, I may have to wait until 2021 and go three times, lol!
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread