Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Staying in Osaka or Kobe 2020/5/30 00:44
Ifll be coming from Kagoshima on the train and want to know which city makes sense to stay in. I have 2 nights planned in Osaka or Kobe. In Kobe I want to visit the earthquake museum, nada sake district, port/waterfront. While in Osaka I only want to visit a Pokemon Center and it is the starting point of a train to go to Kanazawa.

I know they are 20-30 minutes apart so itfll be 2 trips vs 3.
by Chris (guest)  

Re: Staying in Osaka or Kobe 2020/5/30 13:55
So close it does matter. Whichever is cheaper.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Staying in Osaka or Kobe 2020/5/30 21:18
Agree that it doesn't really matter. Kobe by a whisker
by Ric (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Staying in Osaka or Kobe 2020/5/30 22:33
It seems like you actually plan to tour around Kobe, so in that case, I'd just stay there. As others have said, though, it's not a long train ride between them.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Staying in Osaka or Kobe 2020/5/31 00:28
I pick based on where you plan to eat dinner. That way, you can have a late dinner and return to your room sooner. Personally, I like Kobe better.
by O92 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Staying in Osaka or Kobe 2020/5/31 08:51
You plan to visit Kobe, so stay in Kobe.
You are arriving from Kagoshima - they have a Pokemon centre there you can visit. (It's not as big as some of the others I have been to, but still has a reasonable range.)
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Staying in Osaka or Kobe 2020/6/2 03:41
I visited Kobe back in 2018 and it is a wonderful city. If you have a clear day (no fog or rain) I would recommend you to take the shin-Kobe Ropeway up to the top and enjoy the views. There is a restaurant at the top and a little gift shop with some very good cookies and jams.

Please note there are two Kobe stations in Kobe. If you are planning to be near the shinkansen, please look for a hotel near Shin-Kobe station. The Kobe Station is near the water and is more for local trains. Depends where you want to start off you days at.

You could plan to visit Osaka after 5pm to go to the Pokemon center if you are only going for that. Check the hours, but when I was there is was opened 10am - 8pm. Then plan to get dinner in Osaka. Osaka really comes alive at night!

Whatever you plan, it should be a great trip!
by Kuro Kishi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Staying in Osaka or Kobe 2020/6/3 00:11
I would definitely stay in Osaka. Good luck!
by Hana (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread