Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Employment with senmongakkou diploma 2020/6/9 00:39
Hello! I was wondering whether or not it is possible to receive a working visa as a vocational school graduate, I am currently studying Japanese in Kyoto fresh out of high school (I graduated last year) and was wondering whether or not I should go for a 2 year business marketing course in a senmongakkou. I have heard that a bachelorfs degree is necessary to receive an employment visa, but there were also some who say that a senmongakkou diploma could also do the trick. I couldnft seem to find a lot of info on this and was hoping someone would shed some light on the subject.
Thanks in advance!
by Ed (guest)  

Re: Employment with senmongakkou diploma 2020/6/9 10:33
Yes, it is possible, but not easy. Please note that your employment in the future will be limited to marketing related jobs only (jobs that are directly related to your studies), that immigrationes review about the link between your studies and the job will be stricter than for those with a degree, and that you will be competing against others with bachelorfs degree, who might be able to do broader range of duties. (And in any case you donft receive a general work visa, but you will need to find an employer who wants to hire you for a marketing-specific work to sponsor you for that.)

It might be advisable to talk to the school you are interested in and ask them what kind of jobs their graduates have found recently.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Employment with senmongakkou diploma 2020/6/10 16:33
It depends on your qualifications and experience working on that kind of sphere you would like to apply for. In case, if you are not have both of them it can be a bit difficult to obtain CoE for future working purposes.

Remember that Immigration Office will examine your application among qualified skill workers that are applied for the CoE, as you.

by John (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread