Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

My parcels from Japan to Malaysia 2020/6/15 12:00
This is my very first internation parcel i purchased. I have ordered two parcel/packages from Japan that contained mangas in each parcel in this month, June. I have checked that since there's no delay for sending from japan to malaysia, so i thought there will be no problem of custom checking since it is just mangas...

But I always checked the status and location of my parcels in JapanPost, PosMalaysia, and also other tracking website, all said "Consignment arrived" and "arrived at the outward office of exchange". I even checked how long will a parcel sent from japan to malaysia, some pages said, calculated to be 3 days though, but other may two weeks...

EL439235586JP

EL439235586JP

is it just that because of the COVID19, the process of disinfecting the parcel and delivering overseas is taking so long? or something else like my address is not complete or something else happening?
by Nepneptunephua2020 (guest)  

Re: My parcels from Japan to Malaysia 2020/6/15 13:36
If you search this forum we are on, you will notice that there are several threads about delay in international parcel delivery.

What is happening is that due to COVID-19, the number of international flights has been drastically reduced that there is a huge backlog of parcels that are waiting to leave Japan. (Japan Post does not have its own aircraft, unlike DHL or Fedex.) Also I imagine that the processing at export control is slowed down possibly due to the reduced number of staff working there. In any case the reduced number of flights is the main cause. Please be patient.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: My parcels from Japan to Malaysia 2020/6/15 14:37
Okay, I understand. Thank you for letting me know.
by Nepneptunephua2020 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: My parcels from Japan to Malaysia 2020/6/15 18:03
Very surprised the seller choose to use EMS since the has been an issue for Japan Post since March 31st.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: My parcels from Japan to Malaysia 2020/6/15 20:14
There is? I didn't know, I chose the delivery option since fedex and dhl are too expensive... and this is my first time purchased from overseas so... I thought choosing EMS will be fine...

Re: My parcels from Japan to Malaysia 2020/6/16 13:26
I got a package from Europe last week with EMS.
Delivered with JP post and took only 10 days.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: My parcels from Japan to Malaysia 2020/6/16 14:07
Justmyday,

I have been receiving parcels/letters coming from the States to Japan (where i live) almost as usual or just taking a bit longer than usual too.

I believe you also live in Japan, correct? So it was Express Mail from somewhere in Europe to Japan – there is no problem with the domestic portion of Japan Post, it is just the goutgoingh ones FROM Japan to other countries that is significantly affected.

Re: My parcels from Japan to Malaysia 2020/6/16 16:56
What I donft understand is, how come that parcels are so delayed when the countries are open (accepting packages).
I mean I do understand that less people are working and that there are reduced flights. But like Malaysia is/was always accepting packages. The Netherlands is/was always open to accept packages. I can understand that there may be some delays but more than a month delay for an EMS sending is extreme.

Also why is there no information about the delays to the countries that are open and why canft you contact Japan post from overseas? They keep accepting packages. I do see things like that there are some delays but waiting for you package for over a month without any information, thatfs not right.
by Andy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: My parcels from Japan to Malaysia 2020/6/16 17:20
What is Japan Post supposed to do when there is barely any flight GOING OUT from Japan?

Japan Post even suspended accepting air mail items (parcels/letters) to many countries over time, which by itself was extraordinary, but there has been just so much backlog, as I understand it. So many parcels waiting to be flown out from Japan.

I live in Japan so when I tried to send a parcel FROM Japan, I was informed by the post office worker what was going on, and I could call up their international hub office to ask.

Re: My parcels from Japan to Malaysia 2020/6/16 17:45
The information is available and has been since March. Your ignorance does not mean it isnt available.

Re: My parcels from Japan to Malaysia 2020/6/16 17:55
I saw the japan post posting this.
https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/information/2020/0604_01_01_en.pdf
There isn't said anything about Malaysia, so i was relieved then I purchased the items.
Anyway, the packages will be delivered to Malaysia but late. Some said it would take over than one week, may be two or even month. I want try to ask Japan post myself via email though, but it seems doesn't have the email address. So doesn't know how to do, contact who either.
So i wait for another week and see.

Re: My parcels from Japan to Malaysia 2020/6/16 19:50
CHUBU INT is referring to the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chubu_Centrair_International_Airport ?
Does this mean the packages are at the storage of the airport just waiting to dispatch right?
Or is it referring to Chubu International Post Office?

Re: My parcels from Japan to Malaysia 2020/6/22 11:06
Its almost been two weeks now. it still havent move a bit yet, does anyone who is also purchasing from japan to malaysia during the covid-19 outbreak since march? I want to hear your situations.

Re: My parcels from Japan to Malaysia 2020/6/22 14:38
Not Malaysia. But some friends have been getting their parcels from march and early april this past week.

Re: My parcels from Japan to Malaysia 2020/6/22 15:01
It is not to Malaysia, but just for your reference: a friend of mine (here in Japan) sent a few parcels to the US, and they were stuck in Japan (at the international departing airport) for 1.5 months, then they got flown out and got delivered within a week or so after that. I believe they sent them out in April too.

Re: My parcels from Japan to Malaysia 2020/6/23 10:39
Okay, thank for sharing. Does anyone else who has packages stucked in Chubu Int before or currently? Because i saw a post on the website where i purchased my items there, there is a post said Post/Collection at Shizuoka and Aichi Prefecture may have delays on deliveries. Does anyone also having or had the same problem as i am.

reply to this thread