Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Going to Japan with no experiences but degree 2020/6/15 20:31
Hello everyone,
I have dual degree in bachelor's psychology and business administraion. I have no job experience.
I'm considering living in Japan. I can study Japanese language school up to 2 years in Tokyo. But i have some concerns. Can I find a job if i learn Japanese sufficiently. With no experience in Human Resources field.
by Dan (guest)  

Re: Going to Japan with no experiences but degree 2020/6/16 08:59
Generally speaking when you apply to Japan, they ask you have a bachelors degree. It doesn't really matter the subject it's in if you're going to be teaching English. What kind of job are you applying for? It all depends on what you're trying to do. Keep in mind, if it's a non-english job that you apply for, there may be more requirements as far as work experience goes, but you never know.

Can you tell us a little more of what you're trying to do? Depending on the job, sometimes Japanese is required.
by Motti15 rate this post as useful

Re: Going to Japan with no experiences but degree 2020/6/16 09:34
by Dan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Going to Japan with no experiences but degree 2020/6/16 17:42
Does your business degree cover HR?
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Going to Japan with no experiences but degree 2020/6/16 19:59
These are courses of the fifth semester of BA.
Foreign Trade
Business Decision Models
Human Resource Management
Operations Management
Cost And Management Accounting.
I also have 100 hour Hr management certificate.

I would like to share related psychology courses.
Industrial psychology
Applied industrial psychology
Personnel selection
Group process
by Dan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Going to Japan with no experiences but degree 2020/6/17 22:49
I would recommend reading articles about Japanese Hr practices. You should indicate that knowledge during interviews.
by Linda (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Going to Japan with no experiences but degree 2020/6/18 00:40
I think it should be possible as in the HR sector there are quite a lot of foreigners. Can YOU get a job there is a different question.

What I see (as a customer of these agencies) are quite young men. So they canft have a lot a experience.

I would suggest you look on LinkedIn for companies you might be interested in. Just one example gMichael Pagesh,heastwest g Rakuten, Execupharma, Hays... Then look up their employees on LinkedIn (they are all there) and have a look at their career and educational background. This should give you a good idea.

I checked out a few of my connections and what you can see is that they often apparently came to Japan first as an English teacher (you can second guess that if in their educational background there is CELTA or some other kind of teaching certification) and after a few years moved into HR.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread